PDA

View Full Version : Two more special Pilot Preras - from West (Oeste) Stationer's Circle, Japan

migo984
May 19th, 2015, 11:59 PM
I've been waiting for these two Pilot Preras to arrive from Japan. They are Limited Edition coloured 'demonstrators', made for the West Japan Stationer's Circle "Oeste". I'm told that they only made 200 of each colour; the pens are unnumbered.

One is called Canary Yellow; it was released first. They are very hard to get hold of. The other is Flamingo Pink, and there are still a few new ones to be found in Japan.

The yellow has a Fine nib, the pink is a Medium. They have nibs marked with the Oeste symbol, rather than the Pilot name as is standard on other Preras. These do not have any of the typical printed 'Prera' branding on the cap or barrel. Both are fitted with a Con-50 converters.

I don't usually go for brightly coloured pens, but I really like these two. (CrazyOrange will be proud of me!) :)

Jon Szanto
May 20th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Sweet!

Uncle Bud
May 20th, 2015, 05:37 AM
Nice pens.

Crazyorange
May 20th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Thinking to self....."my secret plan is working. Before migo knows she won't want another black pen ever again". Evil laugh at this point.

I LOVE that pink one! Congrats they are spectacular.

migo984
May 20th, 2015, 05:36 PM
Thinking to self....."my secret plan is working. Before migo knows she won't want another black pen ever again". Evil laugh at this point.

I LOVE that pink one! Congrats they are spectacular.

You're such a bad influence! :tea:

I prefer the the yellow one, but they're both kind of cool. And are actually more muted IRL - but not by much! LOL :)

Uncle Bud
May 23rd, 2015, 11:46 AM
I just received my first Prera today, the demo one with black top and tail. It's smaller than I imagined, but, a really good shirt pocket size, and the medium nib is oh so smooth. It's a prime example that a steel nib can be just as smooth as gold. I love this little gem, and can see it being used at work an awful lot due to it's pocket size.

migo984
May 23rd, 2015, 02:48 PM
I just received my first Prera today, the demo one with black top and tail. It's smaller than I imagined, but, a really good shirt pocket size, and the medium nib is oh so smooth. It's a prime example that a steel nib can be just as smooth as gold. I love this little gem, and can see it being used at work an awful lot due to it's pocket size.

When I was at work I always had 1 or 2 Prera in my bag. I treated 'em rough, yet they never faltered. Although small in length, they have a "standard" section diameter, so never feel too small or too narrow in the hand to me.

I think my favourite is the Slate Grey solid coloured model, followed by Royal Blue. I have one with an italic nib that Murfie ground for me - it's a wonderful writer. But I enjoy the standard steel nibs too, and agree that they are very smooth.

As a bonus I am a fan of Pilot ink, so very happily use their ink cartridges, but the converters work just as well.

Uncle Bud
May 23rd, 2015, 04:20 PM

When I was at work I always had 1 or 2 Prera in my bag. I treated 'em rough, yet they never faltered. Although small in length, they have a "standard" section diameter, so never feel too small or too narrow in the hand to me.

I think my favourite is the Slate Grey solid coloured model, followed by Royal Blue. I have one with an italic nib that Murfie ground for me - it's a wonderful writer. But I enjoy the standard steel nibs too, and agree that they are very smooth.

As a bonus I am a fan of Pilot ink, so very happily use their ink cartridges, but the converters work just as well.

That is so funny you should say that, after using the demo, I have ordered the slate grey one too. I agree about the section size it is very comfortable, and I have big hands. Although I like the grey one, I would love to get my hands on the two in another of your threads, the demo with burgundy ends, and demo with black ends. Both of there are awesome, especially the burgundy one. I think white ends would look cool too.

migo984
May 23rd, 2015, 07:21 PM
That is so funny you should say that, after using the demo, I have ordered the slate grey one too. I agree about the section size it is very comfortable, and I have big hands. Although I like the grey one, I would love to get my hands on the two in another of your threads, the demo with burgundy ends, and demo with black ends. Both of there are awesome, especially the burgundy one. I think white ends would look cool too.

You'll love the slate grey; it's a very smart colour.

I think I mentioned that I have one of the demos with white solid ends too (smug face, sorry). I keep looking for those 2010 LE demos; there were 15 colours. I've just missed out on one recently :cry:.
The trouble is that the few that come up for sale are mostly sold via Japanese auction sites, and I really struggle with buying because of my abject failure, being unable to read Japanese.

KKay
November 6th, 2015, 11:14 PM
Congrats! I have a Pilot Prera demonstrator with green accents. It wrote great right out of the box!

Lady Onogaro
November 6th, 2015, 11:17 PM
I have the soft blue color and the demonstrator with the blue accents (has a calligraphy nib). Both are very nice little writers.

cafinn
November 8th, 2015, 05:26 PM
I recently bought a Prera with the grey ends. I love the nib - I have had a surprisingly pleasant experience with it as well.

One detail I enjoy about this pen is that you can see the back of the nib through the clear section and a flash of the ink colour there. Pens with the nib unit like TWSBI don't have this.

migo984
November 8th, 2015, 06:09 PM
One detail I enjoy about this pen is that you can see the back of the nib through the clear section and a flash of the ink colour there. Pens with the nib unit like TWSBI don't have this.

You can see the ink in the collector/ nib unit of the TWSBI Eco. I'm enjoying using my Eco, which is a surprise as I'm not a fan of their nibs usually. It's a good value pen. Mine was ordered direct from TWSBI, for delivery to Victoria, Queensland.

penwash
November 8th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Very nice !
Meanwhile I'm still hemming and hawing on pulling the trigger on a solid color (Brown) one.

nospam666
November 9th, 2015, 01:11 AM
Very nice !
Meanwhile I'm still hemming and hawing on pulling the trigger on a solid color (Brown) one.
I just got a solid royal blue one. Like the looks much more than the demonstrator.

migo984
November 9th, 2015, 02:41 AM
Here's my little group of Preras. I'm very fond of these pens.
You can see the 5 iro-ai on the left that have the slightly different white decorative trim/band around the bottom of the cap. Four also have the solid coloured trims on the ends of the cap and barrel (green,white,burgundy and black). These were the earliest models (2010) which were only sold in Japan. Compare these to the two at the top of the photo, with the different white trim, and that also have transluscent tinted cap and barrel ends. These are current models. The orange iro-ai has the CM nib.
I like the solid colours a lot. My favourite is the brown (between the pink and the grey), which is very dark, almost black. I'm also a fan of the grey.
These pens are under-rated in my opinion. They are very well made and take a lot of rough treatment. My royal blue and grey ones went to work with me every day for over a year, carelessly tossed into the bottom of my bag, without any problems whatsoever.

penwash
November 9th, 2015, 08:03 PM
I like the brown also. For some reason with that trim and shape, the brown looks... stately.

Okay, that's it.
I'm putting a WTT ad. My TWSBI Mini (M) for a brown Prera (don't care what nib).

sgtstretch
November 10th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Migo, where did you get the demonstrator Prera with solid ends? I like the demo/neon green one.

migo984
November 10th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Migo, where did you get the demonstrator Prera with solid ends? I like the demo/neon green one.

Yes they're great aren't they. They are very difficult to find as they were the first release in 2010, sold in Japan only I believe. I bought one from a collector, one I spotted on eBay, one from someone on FPN (the lime green one), and I won one on a Japanese auction site. They were originally made in a whole range of colours to match the Pilot Iroshizuku ink range.

http://nyuge3.cocolog-nifty.com/nyuge/2010/10/post-b0cc.html

KKay
November 10th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Wow that is a great collection of them. I just have this one. It has the F nib. It has performed very well for me so far.

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo175/Kelkay59/EDC/IMG_6105_zpshjmdugeb.jpg (http://s373.photobucket.com/user/Kelkay59/media/EDC/IMG_6105_zpshjmdugeb.jpg.html)

sharmon202
November 12th, 2015, 02:32 PM
I also am a Prera fan, F & EF. Solid writers, I use them a lot at work.

penwash
December 9th, 2015, 02:11 PM
Migo, hopefully you don't mind me showing my first Prera here in your cool Prera thread:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5822/23270285769_51afe12194_c.jpg

Finally got this in a trade after tracking it a while.
I didn't get the brown one, but I'm not complaining, this one is cool too.
I can already see that this is going to take over the TWSBI Mini as my favorite sketching pen (F nib).

Now, I'm going for a Plumix nib to gain some Pilot Cursive Italic goodness...

VertOlive
December 12th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Well Migo, thanks to you and others' help, this is turning into a record month for pen acquisition for me. Wouldn't you know, there is a Prera in my all time favorite color:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/limeprera.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/limeprera.jpg.html)

migo984
December 12th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Well Migo, thanks to you and others' help, this is turning into a record month for pen acquisition for me. Wouldn't you know, there is a Prera in my all time favorite color:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/limeprera.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/limeprera.jpg.html)

Ah yes. I have one of those. Very nice :-)

KKay
December 13th, 2015, 12:21 PM
So what were your thoughts on the Prera VertOlive? It was my first pen in a Fine nib. The J. Herbin Bleu Pervenche really writes much wetter than my other two colors. If you get a smaller nib, I think the ink makes a big difference.

VertOlive
December 13th, 2015, 08:12 PM
Well, tracking says it should arrive sometime in the coming week. It's coming from Tokyo Pen Shop and I'm not sure how fast they are...pretty sure they're USA based though.

sharmon202
December 14th, 2015, 01:13 PM
I like to use Prera with a Plumix italix nib!!

migo984
May 25th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Very happy. This pretty blue Prera is on its way to me. It's the Oeste Kingfisher & will join my yellow Canary & pink Flamingo (pics of which are in the first post in this thread)

conib
May 27th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Migo, where did you buy the Oeste Kingfisher? Do you know whether it's still available?

migo984
May 27th, 2016, 10:51 PM
Migo, where did you buy the Oeste Kingfisher? Do you know whether it's still available?

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/nagasawa/item/oeste-prera-kawasemi/

I think it is still available.

conib
May 27th, 2016, 10:56 PM
It's sold out. Bummer.

katherine
May 28th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Darn it, that blue one is really pretty.

Jon Szanto
May 28th, 2016, 11:44 AM
I think it is high time for Migo to line up all her Preras and do a family photo. Don't you?

migo984
May 28th, 2016, 12:02 PM
I think it is high time for Migo to line up all her Preras and do a family photo. Don't you?

The kids are Home Alone, back in the UK, but here is a family portrait from a little while back. The Kingfisher will be going back with me later in the year, to join the tribe.

KKay
May 28th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Wow what a lovely collection. I have 2 Prera pens myself. I wish I had more. I really like that new blue one you are getting. I wish I could get one too. I wouldn't mind having at least a couple more. ;)

TSherbs
May 28th, 2016, 05:29 PM
Very happy. This pretty blue Prera is on its way to me. It's the Oeste Kingfisher & will join my yellow Canary & pink Flamingo (pics of which are in the first post in this thread)

purty

conib
May 28th, 2016, 06:35 PM
It looks like the inner cap on the Kingfisher might not be white (which would be a good thing IMO) ... Migo, when you receive your new pen, could you please post an update, to let us know the color of the inner cap?

conib
May 30th, 2016, 12:40 PM
I sent a query to Nagasawa and yes, they confirm that they are completely out of stock. They added that there is a possibility of restock, but it's still undecided.

migo984
May 30th, 2016, 04:38 PM
I sent a query to Nagasawa and yes, they confirm that they are completely out of stock. They added that there is a possibility of restock, but it's still undecided.

The pink and yellow ones from previous years appeared on eBay after they'd originally sold out so it's worth keeping an eye out for the blue ones. I'll let you know about the inner cap. M

migo984
June 1st, 2016, 05:21 PM
It looks like the inner cap on the Kingfisher might not be white (which would be a good thing IMO) ... Migo, when you receive your new pen, could you please post an update, to let us know the color of the inner cap?

I can confirm that the inner cap is white, like all the other Prera variants. I know some don't like the white inner sleeve, but I don't mind, or even notice, them. It is less obvious in the Kingfisher blue, as the material is a slightly deeper colour/more opaque.

distracted_mom
June 1st, 2016, 08:39 PM

I had that one. My dog ate it during puppy-hood. I didn't realize she got up on the table when we were gone until I saw the ink on her face and green shards in her bed. Sigh.
You all are bad influences.

oldstoat
June 2nd, 2016, 03:15 AM
I had that one. My dog ate it during puppy-hood. I didn't realize she got up on the table when we were gone until I saw the ink on her face and green shards in her bed. Sigh.
You all are bad influences.

I don't think we were bad influence on the dog-unless the usual gang of geeks were lurking in the background saying " Get that Prera, girl!".