PDA

View Full Version : Vintage calligraphy fountain pen Cheung Kong rare 80th NOS MINT one piece Chinese

Julia161
May 20th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Beautiful collectible rare vintage pen Cheung Kong made in China in the 80th XX century. Open calligraphic nib, please, check the writing sample. Writes smoothly, new unused never inked pen. The price is for one piece, you an choose the color - brown or grey. Feel free to ask any questions.

Price for 1 piece 24$ + shipping 7$.

I combine shipping if you choose several items. Thank you!

dr.grace
May 21st, 2015, 07:28 AM
I sent you a PM.

Julia161
May 25th, 2015, 02:14 AM
Thank you! I responded :)

dr.grace
June 8th, 2015, 06:05 PM
I just received one of these. Yulia packed it very securely. It's a well-made pen (better than the other Chinese pens I've tried). It's very light and comfortable to hold, and the material is attractive. It's a basic bulb-filler, but there's a nice ink window through which you can see the bottom of the bulb, to judge ink level. I think these pens would be good for sketching. I've been using this one to write Chinese. These fude-style pens can give nice line variation, resembling brush strokes. The inscription on the barrel reads "書法硬筆“,in traditional Chinese characters (not the simplified characters usually used in mainland China), which simply means "calligraphy hard brush (pen)". The brand is actually "長江“ or ChangJiang (Yangtse River).

The only real problem for me was that I found the nib to write very broad lines; for my purposes, the tip was angled a little too sharply. Once I bent the tip to a shallower angle, which wasn't hard to do, I found it quite useable for writing in my notebook. The ink flow is great, maybe even a little too wet. I may have to make it a little drier.

Julia161
June 10th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Dr. Grace, glad that the parsel arrived safe and you liked the pen in general. For smaller angle and narrower line I have this Wanbao http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/11958-Rare-fountain-pen-Wanbao-oversized-calligraphical-nib-70-80th-NOS-Mint-Chinese and a bunch of pens with hooded curved nibs, but the hooded ones I haven't tried in action yet.

Cheung Kongs I have few pieces more in case someone else wants to draw sketches :)

Curtisvan
June 10th, 2015, 06:28 PM
There's no writing sample with the Wanbao. Could you post one?