PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Diamine Amaranth

Chrissy
May 20th, 2015, 08:50 AM
I have decided to review some of my inks. These aren't necessarily in any particular order.

This one is Diamine Amaranth. I would call it a bright, slightly purplish, pink. It's a very good colour match to the slightly unusual looking Amaranth flower.

This review has been updated on 19th January 2023 and a new review sheet was written at that time. I used a Lamy Safari pen and swapped nibs to use a selection of different nib tip widths. I enjoyed writing with Amaranth with all of the nibs except for the EF. As I'm not overly keen on EF nibs that might only reflect my personal preference. I often find them scratchy with too much feedback.

Water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink.
Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, and the nib used at that time was the M, this ink took 11-15 secs to dry.
It has good flow. Neither wet nor dry. It also lubricates the nib well and writes smoothly across the paper. I saw no skips or hard starts from any of the nibs I used. Feedback was more noticeable when using the EF nib.
It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles or 30ml plastic refill bottles. It's also available in cartridges.
Diamine (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk/) sells it directly to end-users on their web-site.
It's a reasonable price

Misfit
January 3rd, 2023, 09:34 PM
Thank you for this review. I got a 30ml bottle for my birthday 2022. I recently put it in a Lamy Joy with 1.1mm nib I got for Christmas. I need to use it on good paper. I suppose I’ve bumped this post, but it’s worthwhile.

LizEF
January 3rd, 2023, 09:54 PM
Thanks for bumping, Misfit, and thanks for the review, Chrissy - love the shading in this! :)

Misfit
January 3rd, 2023, 10:10 PM
It looks to be an ink that asks what’s my shade.

InesF
January 4th, 2023, 05:33 AM
Thank you for the review and thanks for the bump! ;)
I like the colour and will give the ink a try.

LizEF
January 4th, 2023, 08:39 AM
It looks to be an ink that asks what’s my shade.

:D Exactly!