PDA

View Full Version : Sailor STORiA Ink?

sharmon202
May 20th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Anyone tried the pigmented STORiA ink from JetPens? I must be hallucinating, I thought it said 30 ml for $32. Anyone else see this?

Laura N
May 20th, 2015, 03:33 PM
I saw the email today so I think Jetpens just got them in. The swabs look great, to me, but yeah the price is too rich for my blood. And I have no use for water-resistant and lightfast ink. So I'm not trying them. :)

Jetpens imports these from Japan, so maybe that's part of the higher price.

Neo
May 20th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Noodler's ink $12.50 for 90ml...:wave:

rdcalhoon
May 20th, 2015, 04:35 PM
I like and use Noodler's ink, but this pigmented ink is a different sort of ink than Noodler's archival. I am supposing that based on the colors this ink is aimed more at artists than at letter writers.

At the price I am also happy to wait and see what other folks report.

Chrissy
May 20th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Anyone tried the pigmented STORiA ink from JetPens? I must be hallucinating, I thought it said 30 ml for $32. Anyone else see this?
Isn't that the regular 'going rate' for Sailor inks?

Laura N
May 20th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Isn't that the regular 'going rate' for Sailor inks?

Yes, that's the regular rate at Jetpens for the blue and black Sailor nano inks, but those are 50ml bottles. These Storia appear to be 30ml, with fancier bottles and interesting colors. Upscaling? :)

migo984
May 20th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Lots of reviews of Storia inks over on the other site.

PenChalet
July 1st, 2015, 11:59 AM
The US distributor for Sailor is offering a free bottle of this ink with a Sailor pen purchase:
https://www.penchalet.com/blog/new-sailor-storia-ink/

musicman123
July 1st, 2015, 12:15 PM
I've tried the Storia. They honestly aren't as impressive as many people believed they are. The colors of some are a bit under-saturated and seem washed out. However, being pigmented, they are slightly more permanent than other Sailor inks. To me, it does not seem worth the full retail price.

Chrissy
July 1st, 2015, 12:17 PM
I had an email and saw them. I have also seen them before on ebay. However, I won't be buying them either.

I have no use for water-resistant or lightfast inks either.