PDA

View Full Version : Esterbrook Colors

southpaw52
May 21st, 2015, 08:46 AM
Out of the various color choices available for Esterbrooks, which color do you think was the most popular?

Haefennasiel
May 21st, 2015, 08:56 AM
Personally, I'm quite partial to green and blue. :)

pajaro
May 25th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Cobalt blue, huh? It seems to me more people write about copper lust.

It seems the only Esterbrooks are J series? Personally I prefer the turquoise of the M2.

Jon Szanto
May 25th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Ok, this is really weird...

Are you actually asking us which colors we like, or which we think, based on some sort of data or observation, were more popular based on sales, etc.?

Scrawler
May 26th, 2015, 10:11 AM
My favourites are blue, red (both the early and late, except maybe I like the early just a bit more), both shades of green and the copper. When those are not my favourite, then it must be the darker brown called root beer. I used to like the grey, but I gave away both my J and SJ, so now I convince myself I did not like them so much, so that I do not miss them. In fact the only one I think is blah is the black, except when it is the battle scarred black of Fester, which is a Frankenpen I made with a brass stud for a jewel, and the Bell Laboratories text scraped off.

southpaw52
May 26th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Ok, this is really weird...

Are you actually asking us which colors we like, or which we think, based on some sort of data or observation, were more popular based on sales, etc.?

Your own favorite color.

southpaw52
May 26th, 2015, 01:36 PM
I think the Copper color is the most difficult to obtain.

Scrawler
May 26th, 2015, 02:34 PM
I think the Copper color is the most difficult to obtain.

I don't. I think it is the darker brown.

carlos.q
May 26th, 2015, 05:05 PM
My favorites are the Cobalt Blue and the Dubonnet Red although I suspect the most common was Black.

gregamckinney
May 26th, 2015, 05:18 PM
I was wondering the same thing as Jon.
The title of the poll seems to be asking one thing but the first post seems to be asking what the _original_ most popular color was, which I can't imagine wasn't black.

greg

pajaro
May 31st, 2015, 09:27 PM
I have seen far fewer black than other colors, and I see fewer black offered for sale. I guess the only Esterbrooks are the J series. There are others, though.

Scrawler
June 1st, 2015, 03:16 AM
I have seen far fewer black than other colors, and I see fewer black offered for sale. I guess the only Esterbrooks are the J series. There are others, though.

I have never seen a black SJ

sgtstretch
June 1st, 2015, 05:24 AM

I happen to have a black SJ.

Scrawler
June 1st, 2015, 07:16 PM

Well now I know they exist :)

Farmboy
June 2nd, 2015, 11:56 PM
As long as we realize Esterbrook did not name the colors of the J series pens we should be fine.

Jon Szanto
June 3rd, 2015, 12:14 AM

Indeed. L-to-R: J, LJ, SJ in black. Well, I call it "black", I have no idea what that party-guy Mr. Esterbrook called it.

http://i.imgur.com/dosHVm5.jpg

Farmboy
June 3rd, 2015, 12:19 AM
Party Guy called it Black.

pajaro
June 7th, 2015, 06:43 PM

I have a black SJ. If you want it I'll send it to you.

Scrawler
June 7th, 2015, 06:53 PM

I have a black SJ. If you want it I'll send it to you.

That is awfully nice of you. It is a good thing my daughter lives away from home now, else she would have it.