PDA

View Full Version : New toy Delta Dolcevita medium piston fill

Rinoxxx
May 26th, 2015, 07:25 PM
just received this pen today from MarteModena, I ordered it directly from their website, I got this pen for an incredible price, Super fast shipping too, I ordered this pen really late sunday night and got it on Tuesday (today). What a beautiful pen !!! pictures do not do this pen justice, but I attached some anyway :). Unfortunately the money I saved on this pen I am going to have to use to buy my wife something to get out of the dog house I am in, since I purchased 3 pens in the last 3 weeks, Pelikan m1000, Visconti, Michelangelo, and now this one lol

jar
May 26th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Nice pen. I have it's big brother.

Rinoxxx
May 26th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Nice pen. I have it's big brother.
Awesome !! I was debating back and forth between this one and the oversized one. Decided to go with this one so I can take it with me as an everyday pen.

carlos.q
May 26th, 2015, 08:24 PM
How large is this pen? Would it be possible to post a comparison photo next to another pen (51, Esterbrook, M200, L2k or other)?

Rinoxxx
May 26th, 2015, 09:14 PM
How large is this pen? Would it be possible to post a comparison photo next to another pen (51, Esterbrook, M200, L2k or other)?

These are all the pens I own so I can only compare it to them. From left to right waterman exception, Visconti Michelangelo, Delta medium Dolcevita, Pelikan M1000, Fabre-Castell Emotion. As you can see its larger then all those pens in width.

Scrawler
May 27th, 2015, 05:51 AM
These are gorgeous pens.

Rinoxxx
May 27th, 2015, 02:24 PM
These are gorgeous pens.

Thank you :) I had to send the pen to the Yafa (Delta repair) for nib exchange. Fusion nib was dry and scratchy out of the box going to have them swap it for the 14k medium nib. Not sure if its the fusion nib or I just got a bad nib. I overnighted it to them today I will report back when I get it back from them with the new nib.

Bogon07
May 27th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Sounds like you had a dud nib. So far my fusions have all been smooth.
Some of Delta's 14K gold nibs can be a little stiff to the point of feeling like a regular steel nib.

Rinoxxx
May 27th, 2015, 05:51 PM
Sounds like you had a dud nib. So far my fusions have all been smooth.
Some of Delta's 14K gold nibs can be a little stiff to the point of feeling like a regular steel nib.

You may be right It might of been a bad nib, I did read some good things about the fusion nib that's why I originally went with it, But I figured since I had to send it in anyway to try the 14k nib. Hopefully it works out.

youstruckgold
May 28th, 2015, 07:33 AM
Congratulations! I recently found the oversize and love it. As for the nib; my fusions have been great but they seem to be a divisive nib in our community :)

Rinoxxx
May 28th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Congratulations! I recently found the oversize and love it. As for the nib; my fusions have been great but they seem to be a divisive nib in our community :)

thank you :) Yeah so far I am seeing mixed things about it. My nib was definitely not good. But it seems that's the story with a lot of Italian pens, nibs are hit or miss out of the box. Seems to be more of Quality control issue. My Visconti MichelAngelo was delivered to me with a defective steel nib , and it was supposed to come with a 23k palladium nib but Visconti made good on it and replaced nib with correct one and overnighted it back to me for free, so I can't complain about that. Not sure if the ball was dropped at the factory or the vendor that sold it to me switched nibs on a pen that was returned to them, even Visconti wasn't sure how it happened.

Bogon07
May 28th, 2015, 05:47 PM
The Delta fusions I have seems to feel and perform better than the regular Delta steel nibs. People have had problems with the 'gold shield' coming off as it is simply glued on.

I can easily imagine your Michelangelo may have had the incorrect steel nib mistakenly or intentionally if it had a silver/chrome section.
The magnetic section is the same for the Rembrandt, Expressions VanGogh & Dali pens which usually come with steel nibs.

Rinoxxx
May 28th, 2015, 07:19 PM
The Delta fusions I have seems to feel and perform better than the regular Delta steel nibs. People have had problems with the 'gold shield' coming off as it is simply glued on.

I can easily imagine your Michelangelo may have had the incorrect steel nib mistakenly or intentionally if it had a silver/chrome section.
The magnetic section is the same for the Rembrandt, Expressions VanGogh & Dali pens which usually come with steel nibs.
My Michelangelo is the black with rose bronze trim and section. The nib is rose bronze also. The nib was not only the wrong type but it was also defective according to Visconti repair.

Bogon07
May 28th, 2015, 09:26 PM

My Michelangelo is the black with rose bronze trim and section. The nib is rose bronze also. The nib was not only the wrong type but it was also defective according to Visconti repair.

Oh, the Rose Bronze hardware so a steel nib could hardly have been mistakenly put into the section and a defective one as well.

jar
May 29th, 2015, 06:13 AM

thank you :) Yeah so far I am seeing mixed things about it. My nib was definitely not good. But it seems that's the story with a lot of Italian pens, nibs are hit or miss out of the box. Seems to be more of Quality control issue. My Visconti MichelAngelo was delivered to me with a defective steel nib , and it was supposed to come with a 23k palladium nib but Visconti made good on it and replaced nib with correct one and overnighted it back to me for free, so I can't complain about that. Not sure if the ball was dropped at the factory or the vendor that sold it to me switched nibs on a pen that was returned to them, even Visconti wasn't sure how it happened.

I hear complaints about problematic Italian nibs a lot but must say that has not been my experience. I have about three dozen Montegrappas and had an issue only with one that had a nib modified to my specifications but would dry out if left unused longer than overnight. A quick return trip to the seller and that problem was solved. I have about a dozen OMAS pens and again, none of the nibs have been a problem. That is also true of my half dozen or so Aurora pens, my three Ferrari da Varese and my two Grifos pen or either of my Signums or my Delta. That is a sample of about a half hundred pens from a half dozen manufacturers where there were no nib issues related to the manufacturer.

While certain manufacturers might send out pens with problematic nibs I think it unfair to claim "Italian" pens have that issue.

youstruckgold
May 29th, 2015, 06:15 AM
Amen !!!

Rinoxxx
May 29th, 2015, 03:09 PM

I hear complaints about problematic Italian nibs a lot but must say that has not been my experience. I have about three dozen Montegrappas and had an issue only with one that had a nib modified to my specifications but would dry out if left unused longer than overnight. A quick return trip to the seller and that problem was solved. I have about a dozen OMAS pens and again, none of the nibs have been a problem. That is also true of my half dozen or so Aurora pens, my three Ferrari da Varese and my two Grifos pen or either of my Signums or my Delta. That is a sample of about a half hundred pens from a half dozen manufacturers where there were no nib issues related to the manufacturer.

While certain manufacturers might send out pens with problematic nibs I think it unfair to claim "Italian" pens have that issue.
you are right I shouldn't generalize about all Italian pens since my experience is only been with 2 brands (Visconti and Delta), guess it's just my luck but the only 2 Italian made pens I purchased had problems out of the box, but I will say this, Visconti(Coles of London) handled my issue extremely fast and were awesome, my pen came back overnight and writing amazing. I am waiting to see how Delta(Yafa) handles my new pen I sent to them, but going back to your point yes I shouldn't lump all the Italian companies as having QC issues, since I experienced only 2 of many Italian pen companies. Point well taken.

Rinoxxx
June 3rd, 2015, 06:56 PM
Pen came back from Yafa today, it writes a lot better with the new 14k nib, not as smooth as my Pelikan M1000 but definitely a nice writing pen. Hopefully I won't have any more issues with it :)

Augie186
June 25th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Pen came back from Yafa today, it writes a lot better with the new 14k nib, not as smooth as my Pelikan M1000 but definitely a nice writing pen. Hopefully I won't have any more issues with it :)

MarteModena has really good prices. Almost too good. To the point where I had concern that the pen would be real. I know others have been burned on items from the eBay sellers. But if you sent yours to Yafa and you feel comfortable then I may go for one. MarteModena the guy has 4500+ positive feedback on his eBay account. I just don't understand how his price is so low.

VertOlive
June 27th, 2015, 06:09 PM
I love these pens--I've got this one with a steel nib and the Oro with a fusion nib. I got the Oro at a great price from Marte Modena and have no problems with either pen. Somehow the two seem to need each others' company in a two-pen case!

Rinoxxx
June 27th, 2015, 06:28 PM

MarteModena has really good prices. Almost too good. To the point where I had concern that the pen would be real. I know others have been burned on items from the eBay sellers. But if you sent yours to Yafa and you feel comfortable then I may go for one. MarteModena the guy has 4500+ positive feedback on his eBay account. I just don't understand how his price is so low.

I have now bought 5 pens from Martemodena, I can tell you all their pens are a 100% authentic and brand new. Their customer service is excellent also. Every time I email them they answer me within 15 minutes.

Rinoxxx
June 27th, 2015, 06:30 PM
I love these pens--I've got this one with a steel nib and the Oro with a fusion nib. I got the Oro at a great price from Marte Modena and have no problems with either pen. Somehow the two seem to need each others' company in a two-pen case!

Yeah I think I need to buy my Dolcevita his oversized brother :p

Special K
June 27th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Hey Rinoxxx, I have the Delta horsepower with a black coated steel nib. It's called harmonic steel. However, I've never heard the nib harmonize. My question is, can they put a gold nib on this pen, in place of the singing nib?

Rinoxxx
June 27th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Hey Rinoxxx, I have the Delta horsepower with a black coated steel nib. It's called harmonic steel. However, I've never heard the nib harmonize. My question is, can they put a gold nib on this pen, in place of the singing nib?

If delta makes a gold nib that fits the horsepower then Yafa will be able to upgrade the nib for you, provided they have it in stock of course. They will charge you though to upgrade the nib. They charged me a $100 to go from a fusion to a 14k nib. I thought it was a bit much but I went with it anyway.

Special K
June 27th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Thanx, I'll check with Yafa.

Actually, they probably don't have a gold nib for the Horsepower. I'm pretty sure this steel nib was the only option

Special K
June 27th, 2015, 09:36 PM

you are right I shouldn't generalize about all Italian pens since my experience is only been with 2 brands (Visconti and Delta), guess it's just my luck but the only 2 Italian made pens I purchased had problems out of the box, but I will say this, Visconti(Coles of London) handled my issue extremely fast and were awesome, my pen came back overnight and writing amazing. I am waiting to see how Delta(Yafa) handles my new pen I sent to them, but going back to your point yes I shouldn't lump all the Italian companies as having QC issues, since I experienced only 2 of many Italian pen companies. Point well taken.

You're right about that. Some guy that does reviews, absolutely couldn't stand the blue typhoon. He proved that it was a shitty pen via, video. Funny thing is the nib on my blue typhoon is the smoothest nib I own. I've had the pininfarina for over a year and today I went to ink in it. Nothing happened so I took it apart. Alittle ammonia and dawn in distilled water. I'll put it back together tomorrow and see how it writes. I did the same to the Porsche 3135. Put it back together. I'll try inking it again tomorrow

Rinoxxx
June 27th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Thanx, I'll check with Yafa.

Actually, they probably don't have a gold nib for the Horsepower. I'm pretty sure this steel nib was the only option
Doesn't hurt to ask. They can tell you right over the phone if they can do it or not and how much it would be.

ChrisRap
August 9th, 2015, 11:43 AM
I have 7 Deltas all from MarteModena on eBay. They sometimes offer auction mostly now is buy it. Prices are excellent, fast shipping. I adjusted a few nibs, just minor to write as I like. Have a variety from 18k to Steel, EF to B. Overall they are all great pens. At least 2 in my daily carry lot. I never tire of them. Beautiful resin, well made, feel great in the hand.

Sandy Fry
October 14th, 2015, 05:10 AM
I have a bunch of Visconti and Delta pens. maybe I am super lucky because I have never had a problem with any of them. All of them were super smooth writers straight out of the box.

David

Liquid360
November 21st, 2016, 06:15 AM
I've been enchanted by these Dolcevita pens... over the weekend a couple, a black/orange oversized and an Oro oversized, came up for auction on eBay. I SHOCKINGLY won both for $175/per. Crazy huh?! Can't wait till they arrive. They were from Judd's, a very reputable dealer.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161121/dd7839234b5400527263b19842e70f2b.pnghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161121/2ae93fb7878478a6c8cc7242abd62744.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk