PDA

View Full Version : Collection after 18 months.

Bold2013
May 29th, 2015, 08:25 PM
I was inspired by KBeezie's post to post my own collection update.

My collection left to right: Ranga ebonite with Sheaffer imperial nib, Faber Castell Black E Motion, Lamy 2000, Parker 51 Flighter x 2, Lexaf Edel semi flex german piston filler from 1930s, noodlers konrad, Kaweco sport classic.

Memorable pens traded or sold: TWSBI 700 and 580, Vanishing Point, Sheaffer 440, Faber Castel Ambition

Wishlist: Pelikan 400nn, Sheaffer Legacy, ebonite konrad, Peyton street pens ebonite with eversharp nib, waterman carene, vintage pilot custom.

Thanks for looking

TarBlue
May 29th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Nice collection! I have a larger one, but your quality is much superior. Nice!

Hawk
May 30th, 2015, 04:28 PM
I'ts a great start on a collection that will expand itself at the liberation of your hard earned money.

Laura N
May 30th, 2015, 05:27 PM
You have two Parker 51 Flighters! Wow. :clap2:

Laurie
May 31st, 2015, 03:08 PM
Nice little collection. Do you like the Faber Castell E motion. I am about to pick one up after reading some good reports as to the smoothness of the nib. The one I have ordered is the Brown Roca. I would also like to know why you traded the Pilot VP and TSWBI s as I was also interested in buying one down the track.

Bold2013
May 31st, 2015, 03:17 PM
Faber castell nibs are incredible. Smooth, slightly wet, robust and never act up. (Like a 51) The e motion is perfect sized even though on paper it seems too short un posted.

VP pickywith some inks, dried out easier than I liked, and to much spring in the nib for me.

TWSBI quality control, nibs not as good as Faber castell.

Bold2013
May 31st, 2015, 03:29 PM
Faber castell is also easier to clean and has great ink capacity with international long cartridge.

Laurie
May 31st, 2015, 05:47 PM
Thanks. Looking forward to the Faber. I note the TWSBI's get varying reviews. Some very good and others not so good. Maybe it is the quality control you refer to. I read about some issues with drying out after a few pages. TWSBI apparently reacted and started using a different nib and I have read where the problem was solved. They seem to be a company that has good customer care and seem to be trying to improve their pens. I also see they have a good variety of nibs including a 1.5 italic. and they other thing I like is that exchange nibs are not that expensive and very easy to swap nibs.