PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Vintage Super Flex: Conklin Endura Woodgrain Ringtop

AZBennett
June 1st, 2015, 08:15 AM
Disclaimer: I am a self-trained pen repairman who's been about this business for the better part of a year now. The pens I am offering up aren't usually Mint/Near Mint/Excellent condition and the prices reflect that fact. These were user grade pens from a bygone era. My attempt is to bring them back to life in the hopes that they will be used as the wonderful tools of creation they once were. Where applicable I use Richard Binders website for repair information, Pen Identification and a myriad of other nuggets of wisdom. I have replaced the sacs in these pens, cleaned and polished them. They have been reassembled with care and precision. All my writing samples are conducted by myself or my wife and with the pen featured in this classified. Questions are always welcome.

Conklin Endura Woodgrain Ringtop - Another signature vintage writing instrument produced from 1924-1928, this pen features the Conklin Endura nib with crescent breather hole that writes a F/M Super-Flex. The nib and feed are quite wet and lay down a lot of ink, but the nib handles this nicely writing fat lines out to BBB. The ease of flex is just a tad under Wet Noodle status, but the nib is still very responsive and truly a joy to write with. The pen itself has some slight discoloration but is free of major cracks or dings. The cap band, lever and ringtop are strong and all function properly. This is a lovely looking pen, that provides tons of flex for on the go calligraphy or Spencerian. - 140 USD CONUS shipping included
Payment via Paypal only
Will consider international shipping on a case by case basis (PM me for specifics).

Open to reasonable offers via PM.

ecsegarra
June 1st, 2015, 11:09 AM
Do you know what ink was used in the writing sample? It looks gorgeous in the photo.

AZBennett
June 2nd, 2015, 10:14 AM
I used KWZ Ink Azure #3 for the writing sample. It is my current "writing sample ink of choice". It is quite a stunning shade of blue.

AZBennett
June 3rd, 2015, 05:34 PM
Hold lifted

AZBennett
June 5th, 2015, 02:26 PM
On Hold

AZBennett
June 8th, 2015, 05:51 PM
Hold lifted

AZBennett
June 8th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Price Reduced to 135 USD CONUS shipping included