PDA

View Full Version : Delata Passion (careful what you wish for )

Rinoxxx
June 2nd, 2015, 09:26 PM
So you know the old saying be careful what you wish for ? Well it just bit me right on the butt :haha: !! I wished my wife would understand my addiction to pens and not shake her head every time I bought a new expensive pen or ink. Well that changed today. It started right after I got my Delta Dolcevita a few days ago, she really loved the look of the Delta pen and she started looking on the web at Delta pens. She said she really liked the Delta passion pen in pink and black. So I thought I would surprise her and buy it for her, it arrived today, she really loves it and now she is addicted to fountain pens. She is been raiding my ink cabinet all day, and surfing the web talking about what inks she wants to order (after she just told me a few days ago I have way too many inks and I need to stop ordering ink ), she even mumbled something about some Visconti pen she saw that she might want next . .....What ??? I am thinking to myself what did I do :( this is supposed to be my addiction damnit !!!, I want things back to normal, her yelling at me that I am crazy for spending so much on pens and ink and me ignoring her and ordering more stuff !! :haha: . The universe seems out of order right now, I want things back to normal :cry: ..............It really is a nice pen though, writes beautiful right out of the box, really smooth, unlike my Dolcevita that had to be shipped to Yafa to change nibs.

Attached Images

Jon Szanto
June 2nd, 2015, 09:28 PM
Funny: seems that both condolences and congratulations are in order! :)

Rinoxxx
June 2nd, 2015, 10:38 PM
Funny: seems that both condolences and congratulations are in order! :)
yeah I don't know whether to laugh or cry lol

caribbean_skye
June 3rd, 2015, 05:12 AM
lol you have a convert on your hands.

Crazyorange
June 3rd, 2015, 06:30 AM
Wife has got good taste. She's lucky to have you....she gets to avoid all the unless pens we buy in the beginning. She skipped to the front of the class AND got a supply of great ink. Lucky bum.

Rinoxxx
June 3rd, 2015, 12:41 PM
Wife has got good taste. She's lucky to have you....she gets to avoid all the unless pens we buy in the beginning. She skipped to the front of the class AND got a supply of great ink. Lucky bum.

Lol good point !!

Rinoxxx
June 3rd, 2015, 12:42 PM
lol you have a convert on your hands.
Yep I do lol

Bogon07
June 3rd, 2015, 05:03 PM
Very nice looking Delta, lovely pearlescence and the banding on the cap especially catches the eye.

It is wonderful you two now have a hobby to share.
Are trips to pen shows together next on the agenda ?

Over the past few years we have progressed from a "no fountain pens in this house" to "could you clean my Kaweco and refill it with Noodler's 54th Mass for work."

Rinoxxx
June 3rd, 2015, 06:23 PM
Very nice looking Delta, lovely pearlescence and the banding on the cap especially catches the eye.

It is wonderful you two now have a hobby to share.
Are trips to pen shows together next on the agenda ?

Over the past few years we have progressed from a "no fountain pens in this house" to "could you clean my Kaweco and refill it with Noodler's 54th Mass for work."

Thank you for the compliment on the pen :) No pen shows yet, I am not even sure if there is been any in New Jersey that I am aware of.

Crazyorange
June 4th, 2015, 03:37 AM
There's the Philadelphia show in January., Long Island show in March, DC super show in August.

Rinoxxx
June 4th, 2015, 05:27 PM
There's the Philadelphia show in January., Long Island show in March, DC super show in August.

Thank you so much for the info :)