PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Noodler's Ahab

MelanieWI
June 3rd, 2015, 10:14 PM
I recently got the Noodler's Ahab flex nib. First thing I did was flush it really well with Goulet pen flush and let it dry for a couple days before filling it. I love this pen- it writes beautifully.

However, after a couple days, I pulled it out of my bag to discover that it had leaked...there was ink all over the feed, in the little breather tube, inside the cap, everywhere. I have no idea where the leak was even coming from.

Any ideas on what I may have done wrong and how to fix it? I took out the nib, etc. and cleaned it all really well but I'm a little nervous about trying to fill it again.

Sammyo
June 4th, 2015, 10:07 AM
You might want to try heat setting the feed. There is a great video on the Goulet website about how to do this :)
http://blog.gouletpens.com/p/tips-tricks.html

DaveBj
June 4th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Mine did the same after I renibbed it with a Goulet/Jowo 1.1. Made the mistake of storing it nib down :-O

Can the nib be installed after the feed, or do they both have to be installed at once?

MelanieWI
June 4th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Thank you---I will check it out. :)

Edited: I'm at work now and the pen is at home but I will be trying this. Thank you again. And now I want a Goulet Pen Company mug. :-)

MelanieWI
June 4th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Mine did the same after I renibbed it with a Goulet/Jowo 1.1. Made the mistake of storing it nib down :-O

Can the nib be installed after the feed, or do they both have to be installed at once?

I had no idea, so I just went and checked. If I installed the feed only, I could not get the nib fully installed. I may have been able to force it in further, but I was worried about cracking it. If I held the two together, it was easy to install them at once.

DaveBj
June 4th, 2015, 11:54 AM

I had no idea, so I just went and checked. If I installed the feed only, I could not get the nib fully installed. I may have been able to force it in further, but I was worried about cracking it. If I held the two together, it was easy to install them at once.

That's what I did with the new Goulet nib (after I wrecked the original nib :-P ). Then I had to pull the nib out a bit because it was a firehose. It's still wet, but within acceptable limits.