PDA

View Full Version : Sheaffer 444XG

Laurie
June 7th, 2015, 07:18 PM
Just bought this pen on Ebay for $38 USD. I thought that was cheap but I suppose it all depends on condition. Seller said excellent condition and photos confirmed that (the best photos can of course).
It is my second Sheaffer. My other is a Sheaffer Targa. What do others than of this pen and the price I paid?

jar
June 7th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Nice Imperial, gold nib. Let us know what you think of it when you get it. A little wider than the Targa in the section IIRC.

Jon Szanto
June 7th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Obviously, it all depends on condition, but a very fair price. That is one of the first pens I purchased when I started, from the wonderful Teri Morris at Peyton Street Pens (http://www.peytonstreetpens.com/). It was NOS and worked fine, but even better when Pendleton Brown smoothed the nib. I haven't used it much lately, but a very solid performer. I see she still has one, and you did well (hers is a new pen, of course).

Enjoy.

Also, remember when I predicted you would not be able to stop buying pens? :)

Laurie
June 7th, 2015, 07:48 PM
Also, remember when I predicted you would not be able to stop buying pens? :)[/QUOTE]

Yes I certainly remember. Bought a Pelikan M400 and presently trying to get the price down on a Parker 75 Cisele. Someone out there stop me

Laurie
June 8th, 2015, 05:00 PM
I get the point Jon. That video is very annoying let alone embarrassing. How do you remove it?

Jon Szanto
June 8th, 2015, 05:02 PM
I get the point Jon. That video is very annoying let alone embarrassing. How do you remove it?

Just like that!

sharmon202
June 8th, 2015, 07:20 PM
I bought a 444 recently for approx $15 more from a forum member. It was over rated and over priced. Regret that buy.