PDA

View Full Version : Delta Enrico Caruso Limited Edition

Rinoxxx
June 9th, 2015, 05:42 PM
So I am not going to pretend that I am this sophisticated guy that knew who Enrico Caruso was but I loved the way the pen looked and its a Delta limited edition so that was enough for me to buy it :haha: . I did a little research about who Enrico Caruso was, he was an Italian Opera singer born in Naples Italy 1873 died in 1921, he died young. He is credited to be one of the first recording stars, in 1902 he sold over a million records. Pen is absolutely stunning, has a medium 18k solid gold nib, writes super smooth out of the box. I am really loving this pen, its a little on the heavy side at 40 grams, but I don't mind that, I like a little bit of weight to my pens. Medium nib writes a little more on the fine side but its super smooth. Its comparable in size to my mid size Dolcevita, Very happy with my purchase !! In the attached photos I have it next to my other pens so you can see size difference, from left to right Dolcevita Mid, Delta Enrico Caruso, Pelikan M1000, Fabre Castell E-motion, Waterman Carene(which I also got today its a happy pen day !!), Waterman exception. I also made a homemade pizza(last pic) to celebrate my new Enrico Caruso pen and my Italian heritage !! :D

Crazyorange
June 10th, 2015, 08:13 AM
What a looker!! The clip alone is outstanding. Enjoy.

Rinoxxx
June 10th, 2015, 08:21 AM
What a looker!! The clip alone is outstanding. Enjoy.

Thank you very much!! It honestly even looks better in person. Body is made from celluloid and clip and nib both have music notes on them. Really good looking pen.

carlc
June 10th, 2015, 12:22 PM
So I am not going to pretend that I am this sophisticated guy that knew who Enrico Caruso was

Snarf! Appreciate the honesty (and the pen).

fqgouvea
June 10th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Is it as fat as it seems in the photos? How does it sit in your hand?

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

Rinoxxx
June 11th, 2015, 04:56 AM
It is pretty fat. Its a little fatter then my mid size Dolcevita and a lot fatter then my Pelikan M1000. It fits nicely in my hand though it is a pleasure to write with. I am not a fan of smaller pens so its comfortable for me.

Special K
June 15th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Is that 40 grams with out ink?

Rinoxxx
June 18th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Is that 40 grams with out ink?

Yes 40 grams empty , it really doesn't feel that heavy though, possibly because it is a larger pen and weight is distributed more evenly.