PDA

View Full Version : Fountain Pen Cinema Ep. I: Desiderata Flex Pen

King Blotto III
June 11th, 2015, 01:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd share a video of my Desiderata Flex Pen in action. I've had this pen for six months and absolutely love it. Fountain Pen Cinema Ep. 2 is in the pipeline; if you have any feedback or suggestions, I'd really appreciate hearing your ideas!

Here's a photo of the Desiderata. It is gorgeous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb9ShfEg9qY

Thanks!

Crazyorange
June 11th, 2015, 06:47 AM
You can work that pen! One tine recommendation...can you have more views on the nib? It's interesting to watch the nib flex as you wrote. Thanks for posting.

King Blotto III
June 11th, 2015, 11:24 AM
That's a great idea. I can definitely incorporate more nib footage into the next episode. Thanks for the recommendation, Crazyorange!

Sadiq
June 11th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Very nice clip! Thanx :)

King Blotto III
June 11th, 2015, 11:44 PM
Glad you enjoyed it, Sadiq :)

fqgouvea
June 12th, 2015, 08:22 AM
The Desiderata uses disposable nibs, right? How often do you change them?

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

Sadiq
June 12th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Glad you enjoyed it, Sadiq :)

Something about the clip looked "Leigh Reyes" like...

If I could offer a small bit of advice is that you could add better lighting, it doesn't have to be professional equipment...just adding more, even sunlight would make a huge difference.

Awesome first attempt!

King Blotto III
June 13th, 2015, 12:10 AM
The Desiderata uses disposable nibs, right? How often do you change them?

Yep, disposable nibs. I've been getting about a week of daily full-flex writing sessions with each chrome Zebra G nib. The titanium ones are supposed to last quite a bit longer.

King Blotto III
June 13th, 2015, 12:15 AM
Something about the clip looked "Leigh Reyes" like...

If I could offer a small bit of advice is that you could add better lighting, it doesn't have to be professional equipment...just adding more, even sunlight would make a huge difference.

Awesome first attempt!

Leigh Reyes is such an inspiration...I've definitely got a long way to go!

I totally agree with you about the lighting. Will try to find a better-lit space for filming the next episodes :). Thanks for your kind and constructive comments, Sadiq!

necrotic
June 16th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Very nice video!