PDA

View Full Version : PIF Ink Samples

Lady Onogaro
June 11th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Hi,

I have a number of ink samples in colors I don't like, already have bottles of, or in formulations I will never use. I would like these to find a home with someone who wants them. They include the following:

Noodler's Bay State Blue
Noodler's Bad Blue Heron
Noodler's Bad Green Gator,
Noodler's Upper Ganges Blue
Platinum Pigmented Rose Red
Private Reserve Avacado

I would like to give the entire kit and caboodle to one person. So I will give it to the first person who asks in the continental US. Please reply to this thread.

Fountain Pen Mike
June 11th, 2015, 09:52 PM
I would love them, please!

Lady Onogaro
June 11th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Hi, Mike--PM me with your address and I'll send them to you this weekend.

Fountain Pen Mike
June 11th, 2015, 10:17 PM
PM sent. Thanks so much! Much appreciated.

Fountain Pen Mike
July 13th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone. I wanted to update this thread, and share with you the "journey" Lady Onogaro and I have been through.
She sent the PIF on it's way to me, and I waited. And waited. And....you begin to see a pattern, don't you?
So, about 9 days later, she sends me a PM basically saying, "I sent that off nine days ago, weird you have not seen it".
I shot a PM back basically saying I was confident the mailman would deliver. And we wait some more.
About five days later, I send a PM. "Still hasn't arrived. Still hoping USPS does their job".
So, very generously, she decides to send another package.
This is what I received.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6d0f4OS246g/VaQxZA5-CmI/AAAAAAAAFXE/3kdaHSi9cpc/s800-Ic42/100_2418.JPG

14 beautiful inks!

De Artramentis Hyachinth
Platinum Carbon Black
Pelikan Brown
Noodler's Polar Brown
J. Herbin Cafe des Iles
Private Reserve Black Cherry
Noodler's Concord Bream
Noodler's Purple Martin
Platinum Mix Free Leaf Green
Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire
Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku
Pilot Iroshizuku Ama Iro
Noodler's Burma Road Brown
J. Herbin Gris Nuage

I would like to say that Lady Onogaro went above and beyond her responsibility, IMO.Out of the goodness of her character she offered up a PIF, and sent it off to me. She is not responsible for the USPS' increasing lack of an ability to do their job properly. This makes the 2nd package they have lost of mine in as many months, although they did finally find and deliver one of those. I doubt I will ever see the original package that was sent. To add to that, this package when it arrived looked like it had been through a battle zone. I am surprised the contents reached me intact.
Lady Onogaro again stepped up when she realized what had happened, and results you can see above.
I want to thank her publicly for her kindness and her integrity, and let you all know what type of person she has showed herself to be.
Thank you, Denise. I will thoroughly enjoy every one of these.

Lady Onogaro
July 13th, 2015, 10:53 PM
You're quite welcome, Mike. Since you are a newbie, I did want you to have a PIF that represented the good-heartedness of the group. People have been good to me with advice, help, samples, etc., so I wanted to pass it on. I hope you will have fun experimenting.