PDA

View Full Version : Two Kaweco Sports

migo984
June 12th, 2015, 12:37 AM
Two brand new Kawecos arrived today, chez nous. Murfie received his AC Sport in silver grey & carbon with a steel EF nib. It's looks very streamlined & smart. I covet it, but don't tell him :-)

And excitingly, my 3 year search for an Asia Art Sport in Amber is over. It has a gold-plated B steel nib. The acrylic is even more lovely in real life than I anticipated. I'd given up hope of tracking one of these down. Even Kaweco themselves were unable to help.

Multiple mega thanks goes to our FP-Superhero, Bogon07, who spotted these & arranged to purchase & ship them on our behalf. You have our gratitude; we owe you big-time ;-)

Lady Onogaro
June 12th, 2015, 01:11 AM
Great pictures!

TMac
June 12th, 2015, 02:45 PM
absolutely beautiful pens! Enjoy them for a long time.

Bogon07
June 14th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Great photos as usual Murfie, nice Albatros too. Kudos for the lozenge pattern on the wings.
I'm so relieved the post was quick and you liked the pens. Importantly that the Asia Art Sport Amber lived up to your expectations.

It is surprising to find the B nib is not enormously wider than the EF hope it writes nicely.

I picked up a blue AL Sport for Mrs Bogon while I was there and she is extremely happy with the weight and fell of the pen along with the smoothness of it's EF nib using Edelstein Topaz. I was nearly tempted to go for a black AC Sport but with Mrs Bogon's four and my Visconti Piston version, we are pretty much KaweCoed out.

LHGordon
October 28th, 2015, 12:46 AM
It took me some time, but I had been hunting for an amber for quite a while as well. Found mine in Hong Kong. If you can find a vintage style copper clip, it looks even better, but the resin is so smooth they don't stay on very well.

penwash
October 28th, 2015, 07:25 AM
The amber version makes the pen even more classy-er.

Were they limited edition?

Giovanni Abrate
October 28th, 2015, 09:07 AM
I think the Kaweco Sport is now made in China. A bit sad, really.

penwash
October 28th, 2015, 01:43 PM

Why sad?
A lot of things that are made in China undergo excellent quality control.
Unless you have a strong indication that Kaweco abandoned their standard for the sake of cutting cost, being made in China is not a cause of concern.

Giovanni Abrate
October 28th, 2015, 02:53 PM

Why sad?
A lot of things that are made in China undergo excellent quality control.
Unless you have a strong indication that Kaweco abandoned their standard for the sake of cutting cost, being made in China is not a cause of concern.

That's not the reason for my sadness: I buy and sell pens made in China, in fact, i sell pens that are probably made in the same factory as the Kawecos that carry the Brand of my company (see picture)! The reason for my sadness is the realization that poor old Europe is losing its ability to manufacture products in a competitive way.

http://s26.postimg.org/twn70lzo9/shakers.jpg

penwash
October 28th, 2015, 06:57 PM
The reason for my sadness is the realization that poor old Europe is losing its ability to manufacture products in a competitive way.

I see your reasoning now.