PDA

View Full Version : Jinhao delivery

penreviewingbrit
June 13th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Thursday morning, through the postbox came two pens; a Jinhao X750 and a Jinhao 159. For an upcoming exam, I used the pens extensively that day to find out what both of them were like. Firstly, I reviewed the X750 which is a marvellous pen. The review can be found here: https://penreviewingbrit.wordpress.com/2015/06/12/jinhao-x750/
I'll have the 159 review up by the middle of the week and I'll put that review up too, but I'm most impressed by both of these pens, the writing experience is wonderful!

Fountain Pen Mike
June 15th, 2015, 09:48 PM
I bought an X30 on clearance. Wonderful pen. Nice, smooth writer.

DPWilkens
June 17th, 2015, 08:00 AM
I bought a 159 despite having very bad experiences with Jinhaos, and was pleasantly surprised by this formidable hunk of brass. The nib was definitely finer than most Jinhao nibs I've had, but I'm convinced that any time you buy one you are basically entering a nib lottery. I'm tempted to buy their bronze twin dragon model as a conversation piece.

Morgaine
June 20th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Variety is the spice of life, so they say! Got a few Jinhaos now, and some are finer than others.

mskaggs
July 5th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Just ordered two from Goulet last night. His review of the X750 was glowing, for the price point. Really looking forward to getting these into the rotation (which currently consists of my single FP!)

rhytre
December 21st, 2015, 07:36 PM
I own several handfuls of Chinese pens, especially Jinhao/Baoer, Hero, and Duke, and my experiences with them are rather positive. I often fiddle with their ink flow and polish nibs, but that's more my own demons. I did just open up two Heros that I could find no reason to fiddle with--I was delighted with them. Baoer, although marketed as poor cousins of Jinhao, have recently added two or three really nice elegantly simple designs that I'm still evaluating, but like much so far.

Inxoy
December 22nd, 2015, 12:38 AM
I bought a Jinhao 159 last week and have really liked it. It is a medium nib and my only real complaint is it doesn't have hardly any line variation to it. I have a couple different Goulet nibs coming to test out. It'll be the first time trying the Goulet nibs.

Magnus919
December 23rd, 2015, 02:56 PM
If you're not getting enough line variation out of a Jinhao nib, I think you'll get less out of the Goulet.

Inxoy
December 25th, 2015, 10:01 AM
If you're not getting enough line variation out of a Jinhao nib, I think you'll get less out of the Goulet.
Yup, you're right. Just stuck the goulet on and it's steady all around. Oh well, the goulet is smoother than the stock nib so that is still a plus.

I'm more or less still figuring out the finer details of actually writing with these pens. I've been slowly collecting old sheaffers for the last 8 years but haven't been a solid user until recently.