PDA

View Full Version : Gullibility PIF

fqgouvea
June 14th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Like every beginner, I've accumulated lots of cheap pens that I end up never using. They go into what I have learned to call my "box of gullibility". It's time to get rid of some of them. I'd like to give away these six. If you want one, speak up. I'll pay for postage in the Continental US.

Here they are:

1. Sheaffer No Nonsense, calligraphic nib, blue. Takes cartridges; no converter.

2. FPR Dilli, steel nib with some flex (but quite stiff, really), blue, piston filler.

3. FPR Triveni, "partly cloudy", EF nib, C/C filler with converter.

4. FRP Indus, red/brown, EF nib, piston filler.

5. Jinhao dragon clip pen, 18K GP Jinhao nib, C/C with converter.

6. Hero 9018 with Fude nib, C/C with converter.

All of these write reasonably well, with the specialty nibs performing as expected. They're all cheap enough to give away, experiment with, or amaze your friends.

Fernando

RayCornett
June 14th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Like every beginner, I've accumulated lots of cheap pens that I end up never using. They go into what I have learned to call my "box of gullibility". It's time to get rid of some of them. I'd like to give away these six. If you want one, speak up. I'll pay for postage in the Continental US.

Here they are:

1. Sheaffer No Nonsense, calligraphic nib, blue. Takes cartridges; no converter.

2. FPR Dilli, steel nib with some flex (but quite stiff, really), blue, piston filler.

3. FPR Triveni, "partly cloudy", EF nib, C/C filler with converter.

4. FRP Indus, red/brown, EF nib, piston filler.

5. Jinhao dragon clip pen, 18K GP Jinhao nib, C/C with converter.

6. Hero 9018 with Fude nib, C/C with converter.

All of these write reasonably well, with the specialty nibs performing as expected. They're all cheap enough to give away, experiment with, or amaze your friends.

Fernando
I am doing the same soon. Great pif. I've been curious about Fude nibs. Is that one still available?

Neo
June 14th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Great idea, not an entry.

fqgouvea
June 14th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Fude still available, yes. Send me a PM with an address.

Fernando

stonerman33
June 14th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Hm... The Triveni looks interesting...

rdcalhoon
June 14th, 2015, 12:15 PM
I have been thinking about picking up a FPR Indus. I'd be pleased to have the chance to give yours a try.

top pen
June 14th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Not an entry but a great PIF. I ended up doing a similar thing but spread out over a year. In retrospect I should have got in done in one go.

astronaut268
June 14th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Hi! I'm a beginner myself and would appreciate a chance at the Triveni or Dilli.

fqgouvea
June 14th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Hm... The Triveni looks interesting...

Yours if you want it --- PM me with an address.

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

fqgouvea
June 14th, 2015, 01:28 PM
I have been thinking about picking up a FPR Indus. I'd be pleased to have the chance to give yours a try.

Glad to send it to you. Send me an address.

fqgouvea
June 14th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Hi! I'm a beginner myself and would appreciate a chance at the Triveni or Dilli.

Good, I can send you the Dilli. PM me with an address.

fqgouvea
June 14th, 2015, 01:31 PM
All spoken for except the dragon!

Scrawler
June 14th, 2015, 04:15 PM
I would like the Dragon pen to give to my niece, if it is possible.

Oh, wait - I am in Canada, so scrub that.

carlc
June 14th, 2015, 04:43 PM

I was working up to a PIF series (just haven't quite got organised yet). I don't have a dragon but I'm more than happy to help you 'enable' your niece if you want?

Ripperg9
June 14th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Thank you for this generous PIF

I sent you a PM

Jon

Scrawler
June 14th, 2015, 06:44 PM

I was working up to a PIF series (just haven't quite got organised yet). I don't have a dragon but I'm more than happy to help you 'enable' your niece if you want?

Thank you, that is very kind. It was specifically a dragon type pen I thought she would like, because she like dragons. I have "enabled" her a bit before by giving her a school pen.

carlc
June 15th, 2015, 04:04 AM
A shame that I have no Dragon pen to offer.

The offer remains if she would like a non Dragon pen though.

fqgouvea
June 15th, 2015, 10:11 AM
All spoken for now... And I have received addresses from all but one. Thanks to everyone for their interest in giving these a home. I'll try to send them all out before mid-week.

fqgouvea
June 16th, 2015, 11:45 AM
All sent on Tuesday 6/16. Hope you enjoy them!

rdcalhoon
June 19th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Hurrah! Your FPR Guru arrived today! I am contemplating my ink choices. I may start with Diamine Ancient Copper. Thanks for the pen and the fun.

Lady Onogaro
June 19th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Thank you for the Sheaffer No Nonsense, Fernando! I have some new inks to test, and I look forward to testing them with this pen! :)

fqgouvea
June 20th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Glad they arrived. Enjoy!

RayCornett
June 23rd, 2015, 04:17 PM
Pen mail! My Hero 9018 with fude nib just arrived :) I should be inking it up tonight. Thanks again!:bounce:

Hawk
June 24th, 2015, 02:24 PM
That's great that you could make other people happy.

rdcalhoon
June 28th, 2015, 02:22 PM
I inked up the FPR Indus with the last of my Diamine Red Dragon sample and I am liking the combo a lot. I may have to buy a bottle of Red Dragon.