PDA

View Full Version : dark blue black

miatapaul
September 27th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I am looking for a nice dark blue black. I like the inks that you can't really tell if it is blue or black. I also want shading, and need reasonably low feathering as I write on a lot of bad paper at work. I have Sheaffer Skrip made in Slovinia, and I like the color, but am not too impressed with the performance. What would you recommend? I did try Diamine Blue Black in a store (Appointments in Cincinnati) and liked it, seemed to have the shading down, but was not really dark. I guess the problem is some of the darker inks are obviously not gong to shade much.

Pens will be mostly fine, but I have a few flex and italic nibs to get some shading with.

Bogon07
September 27th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Have a look at Goulet Pens interactive swab shop, they have a colour grouping for Blue-Black & Dark Blue Inks
http://www.gouletpens.com/Swab_Shop_Blue_Black_s/816.htm

I'd recommend Noodler's Midnight blue but there is plenty of choice on the at the above link.
Pick a few you like and then use the comparison tool to line them up.

The Good Captain
September 28th, 2012, 01:49 AM
The reformulated Diamine Blue-Black R2 (there's a little label inside the new boxes) might just be what you need.

snedwos
September 29th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Mont Blanc Midnight Blue may be for you if you're willing to try an iron gall.

http://fpgeeks.com/2012/08/inkcyclopedia-montblanc-midnight-blue/

Freddy
October 7th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Another to consider is Diamine Denim.

Ordinal
October 8th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Pelikan Blue Black is a nice antique-looking one and performs well on bad paper iirc - not sure whether it is dark enough for you but worth a look. Best in fairly wet pens.

Diamine Denim and Midnight are certainly dark, but I had issues with their drying speed. They seemed to stay wet almost indefinitely, particularly the Midnight. Maybe more absorbent paper would have helped.

gwgtaylor
October 22nd, 2012, 12:42 AM
I keep going back to waterman blue black. It shades beautifully and is super well behaved in all pens and on most papers. Other than that I like twilight from Diamine or midnight blue from montblanc.