PDA

View Full Version : Happy and sad day

Rinoxxx
June 18th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Well I finally tracked down a Visconti Opera elements in blue, brand new for an incredible price from my favorite Italian website,{they are all sold out now) and then my wife sees it and falls in love it....because it looks like a candy cane lol ....GRRRR women !! :angry: . So me being a nice guy I give it to her, but that left me with an huge void for a Visconti pen...... But thanks to Bryant at Chatterley Luxuries I picked up the Visconti Cosmos Voyager blue American dream limited edition. #13 out of 88 for great price and super fast shipping. Thank you Bryant !! Pen is beautiful, writes amazingly smooth with the M 23k palladium dream nib. Pen is definitely on the bigger size but I prefer larger pens(no jokes on that please). I posted a picture of it next to my other pens, it definitely compares in size to my Dolcevita Medium, and Pelican M 1000., and it is slightly heavier at 44 grams. I also ordered another pen the Delta Alfa Romeo limited edition from MarteModena (my favorite Italian website )it is on order and should arrive sometime next week I was told by them. I think I need to be done for a bit, I bought a ridiculous amount of pens in the last 2 months. Considering the only pen I owned as of couple of months ago was a Waterman Exception, I now have A DolceVita medium, Pelikan M1000, Delta Enrico Caruso limited edition, Waterman Carene, Fabre Castell Emotion, Visconti Michelangelo, Delta passion(gave to wife) Visconti Opera elements (gave to wife as I mentioned) Visconti Cosmos Voyager, And The Delta Alfa Romeo Limited edition (on order). This damn fountain pen addiction is worst then drugs, I need to check into Fountain pen hospital for rehab:help:

Bogon07
June 18th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Congratulations on you & your wife's pens. You have quite an impressive collection.
Does your wife have a pen box too ?

The Cosmos is a real jumbo size pen isn't it. My Black Stardust came with a Dreamtouch stub nib - very wet and really nice to use.
Tracy Lee has all three of them :cheer2:

Nice to see some good photos of the Blue Elements. This appears to be the least common of the Elements series.

Don't check into
http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/
you will only crave more pens and also see ones non-longer easily available too.

Rinoxxx
June 18th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Congratulations on you & your wife's pens. You have quite an impressive collection.
Does your wife have a pen box too ?

The Cosmos is a real jumbo size pen isn't it. My Black Stardust came with a Dreamtouch stub nib - very wet and really nice to use.
Tracy Lee has all three of them :cheer2:

Nice to see some good photos of the Blue Elements. This appears to be the least common of the Elements series.

Don't check into
http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/
you will only crave more pens and also see ones non-longer easily available too.

Thank you !! yeah I gave her my old Levenger natural cherry pen box, and bought a new one for myself. Yeah the cosmos is every bit as big as my DolceVita medium except for the section. it is defemitly bigger then the Pelikan M1000. My first experience with the dream nib was on my Michelangelo and it was not good, that's why you don't see that pen in my case lol. This nib is a 100 times better, really smooth and brings out the shading in inks. Yeah I am familiar with the fountain pen hospital, they are located in NY city which is very close to me, I live in NJ. They probably have I.V. units with Pelikan nibs :p