PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Montblanc Ink for Demonstrator Pens - VERY RARE!!

FredRydr
June 24th, 2015, 06:30 AM
FOR SALE: Take note, demonstrator pen collectors! Montblanc ink specifically designed for its demonstrator pens. Formulated not to stain the clear plastics or celluloids. Will work in any brand demonstrator. About half full, and comes with box and instructions, though I have found it difficult to follow the printed instructions because of the lack of opacity of the ink. Very easy to flush from the pen; simple cleanup, but reputed to be difficult to remove from carpeting.

The price is worth every penny because of the rarity. You'll be amazed at the quality of your writing when you set the nib of your demonstrator pen on a pad of Clairfontaine, and this ink flows forth. Only $995 plus shipping from Truth or Consequences, NM. Inquire for orders in five-gallon buckets.

Act now, before it disappears!

Laura N
June 24th, 2015, 06:39 AM
No connection, just a satisfied user of this product since Fred first told me about it. It really shows off my demonstrator pens, and does wonders for my handwriting. I can only echo Fred: Grab this before it's gone!

penfancier
June 24th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Is a quantity volume discount available, say by the bakers' dozen or gross, would shipping cost be extra.

I can't wait to get mine and share with my special friends.

I am tired of removing ink stains sounds like this product may be the long awaited , panaceas

naimitsu
June 24th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Ok, I am so confused... is this used as an additive or in place of normal inks?
If it is used in place of normal ink, what color does it write? If it is an additive, I assume the instructions tell you the dilution percentage?

Crazyorange
June 24th, 2015, 08:20 AM
The cost has me confused. $995 or $9.95?

broadoblique
June 24th, 2015, 08:39 AM
The Emperor was showing off his new MB Demonstrator ink just the other day. I saw it!

canibanoglu
June 24th, 2015, 08:51 AM
The Emporer was showing off his new MB Demonstrator ink just the other day. I saw it!

I did too! And those who say they didn't see anything are clearly idiots.

Neo
June 24th, 2015, 10:07 AM
:pound:

blopplop
June 24th, 2015, 12:17 PM
I'm just amazed at how well it shades with my flex nibs. It's "out of sight."

rdcalhoon
June 24th, 2015, 12:26 PM
A wet ink...flows like water.

Wile E Coyote
June 24th, 2015, 12:49 PM
This really belongs on eBay.

Jon Szanto
June 24th, 2015, 12:53 PM
I'm so 1%, I boil my pasta in this ink.

KBeezie
June 24th, 2015, 01:02 PM
So... how much for just the bottle? :P

Chrissy
June 24th, 2015, 01:04 PM
KBeezie has a good point there. Please could I just buy the bottle and try to reproduce my own demonstrator ink?

FredRydr
June 24th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Please could I just buy the bottle and try to reproduce my own demonstrator ink?

You think you can just whip up a batch of this ambrosia of inks? You must be mad!

Fred

Laura N
June 24th, 2015, 01:43 PM
I would just like to point out that in April I couldn't sell that bottle (with vintage ink inside, that could have been used, tossed or moved to a different bottle) for $5. And you've got two people interested in just the bottle!

The rare-demonstrator-ink halo effect. :)

KBeezie
June 24th, 2015, 01:55 PM
I would just like to point out that in April I couldn't sell that bottle (with vintage ink inside, that could have been used, tossed or moved to a different bottle) for $5. And you've got two people interested in just the bottle!

I must have missed that listing.

PennySycamore
June 24th, 2015, 01:56 PM
Is there a different price for California customers?

Laura N
June 24th, 2015, 01:59 PM

I must have missed that listing.

Dude, you bought some of the inks! Not that one, though. It went to a friend actually, later, so it's no longer available. :)

Wile E Coyote
June 24th, 2015, 02:58 PM

Probably $1995.

FredRydr
June 24th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Yes, due to higher international postage costs. The Governator should've seen the downside of California's merger with Austria.

Fred

Chrissy
June 24th, 2015, 05:01 PM

The rare-demonstrator-ink halo effect. :)

If I had seen a bottle like this for sale with anything or nothing inside it for $5 I would have bought it. I obviously missed it. :cry:

Barry Gabay
June 24th, 2015, 05:38 PM
The stuff seems good enough to drink! Fred, you always uncover the rarest of items. No telling what you'll next discover in the wilds of mid-eastern central PA. Happy fishing! Barry

pajaro
June 24th, 2015, 05:49 PM
I wonder if that ink would skip in my 146.

bleair
June 24th, 2015, 08:51 PM
First, I was ready to pay $99999 for some of this exact ink on ebay - the listing said it was "mint" and "in prefect condition" and that it was vintage rare. It's all about the quality, right?

On one of those other crazy pen internet sites people were saying this ink melted feeds, then other people were saying that this ink was the safest ink ever sold and then it quickly turned into a ink flame war.... oh wait, I'm sorry that was a (infinite) series of threads about another ink maker.

Last question, does this ink clean up easily? I heard that this ink looks great on some papers when wet, but the downside was a great deal of nib creep.

I'm glad to hear you have a sizable supply at least... once people hear about this "rare" item being sold here you are going to be swamped with requests!

FredRydr
June 25th, 2015, 05:46 AM
Here is a sneak photo of the final production of this exclusive ink formula by Montblanc. That's Reinhart Simplo in the foreground.

http://thewe.cc/thewei/&/images3/environment/r2871816156.jpe

Just consider yourself lucky that there's a bit left for you to buy!

Fred

dr.grace
June 25th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Maybe it contains this: http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Neo
June 25th, 2015, 08:53 PM

Thank you, that's hilarious.

Wile E Coyote
June 26th, 2015, 04:34 AM

I wasn't aware of the link to school violence. It should definitely be banned or more closely controlled at the least.

pajaro
June 26th, 2015, 10:25 AM
DEA should make it a Schedule 2 drug.

FredRydr
June 26th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Read the Wiki on Dihydrogen Monoxide to see how people can be so gullible.

Fred

Susan3141
June 26th, 2015, 11:23 AM
At least I didn't fall for this. :)

Neo
June 26th, 2015, 11:44 AM
DEA should make it a Schedule 2 drug.

Maybe it'll be just a list 1 chemical.

FredRydr
June 26th, 2015, 01:26 PM

Eh? I just shipped a 55-gallon drum of this ink to your doorstep! Now I can go to Tahiti for a year.

Fred

naimitsu
June 26th, 2015, 01:44 PM

Funny, I'm actually glad I did! Laura was nice enough to straighten me out though ;)

Scrawler
June 28th, 2015, 05:26 PM
I do not have, nor ever have had a demonstrator pen. Now that I know the cost of the ink for it, I never will.

CaptainGroovy
July 9th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Caution, and Be Aware that this Montblanc Ink for Demonstrator pens should only be used in Montblanc Demonstrator pens. This ink contains high levels of DMHO and Bidest water (DDW) and trace amounts of H3O. It should be noted that at least one expert fountain pen nibmeister \ pen repairman has warned that this ink will melt and destroy latex rubber ink sacs. He stated that their is nothing like a chemical “melt” of a rubber ink sac by a very caustic ink with its DMHO \ Bidest water base. He went on to say that not only was the sac turned into a gooey mess, but some of it was “glued” to the inside walls of this pen, requiring soaking and scraping to remove it. He reported that the owner of this pen whose latex rubber ink sac that was destroyed is now well educated and promises that he will will only use this Montblanc Ink for Demonstrators in his Montblanc Demonstrator fountain pen for now on. It is rumoured that Montblanc used a special Aerospace grade Fluorosilicone rubber in the seals of their Demonstrator pens that is resistant to the unique properties of the inks base that contains DMHO, Bidest water (DDW), and H3O.

Special K
July 9th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Is this ink distilled?

jadehawk
July 10th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Such a beautiful color ink. Too bad it only flows on Montblanc's fountain pens, and I still do not own one of those yet..

FredRydr
July 12th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Only 20 gallons left.

Flounder
July 23rd, 2015, 02:57 PM
For anyone else excited about this, don't bother. It's 100% meh.

Shading is non-existent. Flow is neutral. Saturation is neutral. It's utterly hum-drum and pedestrian. Cap dry-out test was middle-of-the road. There's really no one word I can use to adequately convey how bland and sterile I find this ink. Another massive FAIL from Montblanc who show once again they're all sizzle and no stake empty branding.

I suppose it doesn't seem to clog too easily... but that's about it.

Scrawler
July 23rd, 2015, 03:36 PM
This is what I would describe as a "safe" ink. It had a ph of 7. You could even drink it with no ill effects. Compare that with BSB or BSCG, which would not only stain your demonstrator, but would also make you sick.

Edit: Spelling

bleair
July 23rd, 2015, 06:12 PM
In addition to meh appearance, I heard that cleanup was pretty difficult with this one. Have you seen it stain any ink windows?

For anyone else excited about this, don't bother. It's 100% meh.

Shading is non-existent. Flow is neutral. Saturation is neutral. It's utterly hum-drum and pedestrian. Cap dry-out test was middle-of-the road. There's really no one word I can use to adequately convey how bland and sterile I find this ink. Another massive FAIL from Montblanc who show once again they're all sizzle and no stake empty branding.

I suppose it doesn't seem to clog too easily... but that's about it.