PDA

View Full Version : PIF Ink, Paper and a pair of pens

kallenpj
June 24th, 2015, 09:16 AM
I have been gifted 1-3 pens paper samples and 20-30 sample vials of ink as well as 3-5 bottles of ink. To this point I have not done this for others, and would like to do so now.

If the pens do not appeal to you, perhaps that is a sign that this PIF is not for you.

Pens: Pilot Metropolitan Black (M) Pilot Cavalier Red(ish-pink) (F). TWSBI Classic Blue (1.1mm)
Paper: A Rhodia No16 DotPad, Samples of whatever else I can drum up including: Doane, Nock index cards, Tomoe River, Kokuyo, Apica
Ink: Samples across the rainbow (with the exception of yellow) - there are probably 20 in there. These are a mix of inks that I sampled, and probably won't make my regualar rotation as well as some of my favorites.

I appreciate others broadening my range, and if I can broaden your range, then this PIF will have done it's job.

I will take 'entries' through the end of June, and then will ship CONUS to the winner.
Winner will be decided by random.org of appropriate entries.

Fountain Pen Mike
June 24th, 2015, 10:21 AM
I like those pens, but I just won a samples PIF last week, and waiting on it's arrival with anticipation. Should be fun. :)
So I am not in, but this is a wonderful PIF. Thanks for offering it.

ejaycock
June 24th, 2015, 11:48 AM
I have always wanted to try the Metropolitan and anything by TWSBI, also heard great things about Rhodia paper. Please include me in this, and thank you for an awesome giveaway

naimitsu
June 24th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Cool PIF, though I'm not throwing my name into the hat. Whoever gets it is going to have fun ;)
I'm just commenting to share that when I saw the title, I thought it said "PIF Ink, Paper and a pair of pants".
I'd like to blame my ESL status, but I'm more fluent in English than my mother tongue!

fqgouvea
June 24th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Nice PIF. I'm in. The only one I already have is the Metropolitan, but I can use an extra to give to my son.

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

astronaut268
June 24th, 2015, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the generous PIF! I'd like to enter. I own none of these pens or papers and would love the chance to expand my horizons.

Grafji
June 24th, 2015, 08:48 PM
I would love to try the Metropolitan and twsbi. I have never used a piston filling pen before. I would also love to try some paper made for fountain pens. So far, I only have journal paper and regular writing paper.

Lancaster
June 25th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Great idea! It has been a great habit to start, the only one I have so far is the Pilot.
Good luck whoever gets this. I can't wait to get a TWSBI!

Ripperg9
June 25th, 2015, 09:55 PM
I would not mind trying out any of those pens and paper. I have also sparked an interest in my daughter and her friend. This could be something we could share. Toss my name in as well if that is alright.
Thank you

Chrissy
June 26th, 2015, 01:22 AM
Please can I add my name to the entry list.

(I can supply a CONUS shipping address)

migo984
June 26th, 2015, 01:44 AM
Great PIF!

I would love to see it going to someone just starting out & exploring fountain pens & inks. Obviously not me, as you can see from my number of posts on here that I'm already an "old hand", so will hold back.

Thanks for your generosity ☺️

Briankp
June 26th, 2015, 04:02 PM
I am just getting into collecting fountain pens and would be honored to be included in with this PIF, please. Thank you!

necrotic
June 26th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Thanks so much for contributing with this generous PIF. I'm not in as I already have a pilot metro but wanted to thank you for your generosity!

Dronak
June 27th, 2015, 08:15 PM
I'd like to enter. I have some Pilot pens that I like, and have heard about TWSBI so thought about getting one of them someday. Paper samples might be nice, since I typically just use whatever is readily available, which probably isn't very fountain pen friendly. I'm mainly interested in the ink samples though. I've always used cartridges, and recently bought some ink samples to start branching out. A chance to get some more and expand my choices (and help me figure out what I like the best) would certainly be appreciated. Thanks very much for the offer!

akapulko2020
June 28th, 2015, 12:09 PM
what an awesome PIF!

I would love to try the TWSBI and the paper you're offering :) Please count me in.

Sammyo
June 28th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Not an entry as I have enough to keep me busy.

I just wanted to say that this is a wonderful PIF, whoever gets this is very lucky and it should set up a great introduction/further delve into this strange and wonderful world :)

rdcalhoon
June 30th, 2015, 05:17 PM
I have been using fountain pens for almost 2 years now, but the TWSBI (1.1 nib!) and the Cavalier (fine Pilot nib!) are out of my budget range. Then there are the paper ink samples to ice the cake. Please enter me in your drawing. Thanks for the chance.

Maddcrow
June 30th, 2015, 05:59 PM
I would love to try that twisbi and paper! With Medical school extra paper is always good.

musicman123
June 30th, 2015, 11:12 PM
--Not an entry--

Amazingly generous offer! Good luck to all the entrants!

Alohamora
July 7th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Wow, great PIF.

I'd like to enter, if it's not too late.

Dronak
July 11th, 2015, 08:31 PM
I'd like to enter, if it's not too late.

Well, the original post said:

I will take 'entries' through the end of June, and then will ship CONUS to the winner.

and your post was made after that. But a winner still hasn't been chosen yet, so I wonder if "June" was a typo that was meant to be "July", or if the original poster just hasn't gotten around to making the selection for some reason. If possible, it would be nice to get an update.

Blackhorse
July 11th, 2015, 08:50 PM
So far as I know this PIF has been concluded. A number of members here applied...'winners' were selected...items will soon be sent out. Not really my thread to answer for, but as one of the applicants I was kept in tune with events as they unfolded.

Dronak
July 11th, 2015, 09:04 PM
I don't see an entry post by you, Blackhorse, in this thread, so I don't know how, when, or where you entered, but I also asked to be included in this PIF. If you were "kept in tune with events" as an entrant, why wasn't I as well? I'm led to believe that the original poster only contacted the winner(s). I think a public event should have a public closing though. A message by the original poster stating that it was over and winners were selected (names need not be given) would have been appreciated, and would have prevented at least some of us from thinking this was still open.

kallenpj
July 12th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Yes dronak...It is closed. I apologize for not announcing publicly. I ended up dividing the PIF between two winners. Black horse and ripperg9

jadehawk
July 14th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Congratulations to the winners!!!

southpaw52
July 17th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Great PIF please include me.

Blackhorse
July 18th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Dronak commented: "I don't see an entry post by you, Blackhorse, in this thread, so I don't know how, when, or where you entered, but I also asked to be included in this PIF. If you were "kept in tune with events" as an entrant, why wasn't I as well?"

Dronak...whoa, obviously this was a big deal to you. My request to enter was made directly via PM as opposed to in the open forum. Some of your questions aren't mine to answer. But since this seems really important to you I'll make you an offer. PM me your mailing address and I'll send something your way as a consolation prize (or whatever).

Dronak
July 19th, 2015, 11:36 AM
No, but thanks for the offer. While this would have been a great PIF to win, this really isn't that big of a deal to me. Sorry if my other post(s) made it sound like it is. I'm really just trying to understand how PIFs typically work. I've been making assumptions about the process for when things aren't specified in detail. When I enter and follow PIFs to completion, I see what actually happens. Unfortunately, this is revealing that at least some of my assumptions are incorrect, and if I'm upset about something, it's that -- what I thought was true, isn't. Now I have to reconcile things, which isn't a problem, but it can mean that things are a little confusing for me until I fully understand what's going on. I appreciate your offer, but no, enjoy the items you received. I'll watch for other PIFs, enter if they're of interest, and see if luck is on my side then.

Blackhorse
July 19th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Dronak - it might be that since PIF's are done by individuals, the 'rules' or process are/is rather individual as well. We're often just doing the best we can under the circumstances.