PDA

View Full Version : Fountain Pen Repair Restore PIF

RayCornett
June 25th, 2015, 12:21 AM
I am offering 1 repair/restore of a vintage fountain pen. The catch is it must be a family heirloom pen. To enter tell me the story of the pen and why it is so special to you. Include at least one photo, and tell me what is wrong with the pen. This is open to anyone worldwide but return shipping must be paid by anyone outside of the CONUS. I will select the winner on July 1st.

RayCornett
July 10th, 2015, 02:00 PM
No entries.Wow..........

carlc
July 10th, 2015, 02:32 PM
It's a great PIF but I have nothing needing attention at present.

Someone, somewhere must do?

Dreck
July 10th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Sorry that nobody took advantage of this, Ray. The only "family heirloom" pens I have are ones that I bought new or restored and will one day, Lord willing, pass along to my grandchildren (so far we don't have any, and only our oldest is engaged). Unless you're considerably younger than me and intend on doing this again in 20-30 years, chances are you're not going to be working on any of mine :)

carlc
July 10th, 2015, 02:57 PM
To be honest the conditions may be restrictive - requiring the pen be an heirloom. My parents didn't use fountain pens and I naffed up my Grandads P61 capillary filler when I was a teenager because I didn't know what it was and I couldn't ask as he'd passed away (no internet then either).

fqgouvea
July 10th, 2015, 03:36 PM
The heirloom restriction is my problem as well. We moved from Brazil to the US some 25 years ago, and much "heirloomy" stuff was left behind.

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

jadehawk
July 10th, 2015, 08:31 PM
I am offering 1 repair/restore of a vintage fountain pen. The catch is it must be a family heirloom pen. To enter tell me the story of the pen and why it is so special to you. Include at least one photo, and tell me what is wrong with the pen. This is open to anyone worldwide but return shipping must be paid by anyone outside of the CONUS. I will select the winner on July 1st.

Same here Ray.. Thank you for the offer but I as well do not have a heirloom pen that needs an expert repair. I just started in the FP community and so far the repairs I do myself are on pens bought at ebay. If I had something I treasure and needed TLC I would had taken your offer instead of risking damage at trying it myself.

Dronak
July 11th, 2015, 07:28 AM
Sorry, but like the others who commented, I don't have an heirloom pen. I don't even have any vintage pens right now. I know my father has some old pens, but I don't know how many or what condition they're in, and they still probably wouldn't qualify as heirlooms even if they did need repair. It's a nice offer, but maybe not many people can take you up on it. Thanks.

friday
July 14th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Oh, I'm sorry I missed this offer. Is it still open or re-open? I have a Waterman from around 1984 (is that vintage?) that could use some help.

tandaina
July 14th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Yeah, no family heirloom pens here I'm afraid.

Flounder
July 14th, 2015, 02:09 PM
This is a really neat idea Ray, and very generous. I think the problem is any of us enthusiasts that have found a family heirloom in need of repair fixed it up as soon as it was found.