PDA

View Full Version : And in the Darkness...

snedwos
September 30th, 2012, 09:55 AM
This is why I wanted an italic nib and Apache Sunset...

KrazyIvan
September 30th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Very nice. I have been wanting to try Apache Sunset but keep forgetting.

Bogon07
October 1st, 2012, 08:17 PM
Snedwos, nice bit of elvish script, I think. Is the Apache Sunset in your blue TWSBI ? Mine is in a Blue Safari.

KI, I thought Habanero and Cayenne were more than enough orange for my ink selection but found Apache Sunset is a must have addition.

snedwos
October 2nd, 2012, 03:57 AM
At the moment of taking the picture there was something else in it, but yeah, that's the pen I used. I do wish it was in a clear one, but the Royal Mail lost it, and there were no more left... The blue is nice anyway.

Apache Sunset is just so much more than just an orange ink, though... It became a priority the minute I saw Stephen's inkcyclopedia review of it.

Bogon07
October 2nd, 2012, 05:30 PM
At the moment of taking the picture there was something else in it, but yeah, that's the pen I used. I do wish it was in a clear one, but the Royal Mail lost it, and there were no more left... The blue is nice anyway.

Apache Sunset is just so much more than just an orange ink, though... It became a priority the minute I saw Stephen's inkcyclopedia review of it.

Sorry to hear about the pen Missing in transit.

I'd like to see a graph of Apache Sunset sales to see the effect of Stephens review. He really showcased it.

snedwos
October 2nd, 2012, 06:46 PM
I didn'tlose anything, the blue one was the replacement from the vendor. And I did want a blue one anyway, it was just less of a priority.

That would be an interesting one.

Would google trends show a spike of searches for apache sunset following?

Well, maaaybe...? http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=apache%20sunset

John the Monkey
October 4th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Shows the shading very nicely, and lovely calligraphy!

snedwos
October 4th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Thank you!

Saintpaulia
October 13th, 2012, 06:53 PM
KI, I thought Habanero and Cayenne were more than enough orange for my ink selection but found Apache Sunset is a must have addition.
I am finding that Apache and Habanero are basically the same orange in my pens and on my papers. Almost no difference. This flies in the face of Brian's swabs of each which clearly shows Habanero the darker of the two. Anyone else notice this?

snedwos
October 14th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Do they shade differently? I haven't tried habanero, but if it is a saturated ink in the usual noodler's style, maybe it's similar to the darker shades of apache.

fountainpenkid
October 14th, 2012, 11:31 AM
wait. so what language is written in the awesome orange ink?

wayne.robinson
October 14th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Looks like Elvish to me.

Saintpaulia
October 14th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Do they shade differently? I haven't tried habanero, but if it is a saturated ink in the usual noodler's style, maybe it's similar to the darker shades of apache.
Could be that. I haven't tried the two in the same pen, or at least the same type of nib. But they are very, very close IMHO.

KrazyIvan
October 15th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Could be that. I haven't tried the two in the same pen, or at least the same type of nib. But they are very, very close IMHO.

Nib size is going to affect the color a lot. Finer nibs will obliterate any shading while bold, italics and stubs will bring it out.

penultress
October 23rd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Nice calligraphy! Apache Sunset is perfect for it!

thagbert
April 12th, 2013, 12:58 PM
This is why I wanted an italic nib and Apache Sunset...

Wow! That's awesome! As a LOTR Geek I can identify totally. I may have to get a bottle of that!

tandaina
April 12th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Gorgeous!

jbb
April 12th, 2013, 06:01 PM
That's beautiful!!!

dcrosier76
April 15th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Wow! That's incredible. Makes me want to go back and reread the books! Great job!!!