PDA

View Full Version : bargain store find!

necrotic
June 27th, 2015, 08:13 PM
SWMBO, who has been patient with all my hobbies including this new one (fountain pens) was browsing through the aisles at BargainHunt which is a chain of stores in the South that buy and then sell overstocks, scratch and dents, etc. She found a brand new 3oz bottle of Noodler's Ottoman Azure for $6! I couldn't help but wash out my pilot metropolitan (the converter was almost empty of Noodler's Black anyway) and ink it up! I like the color, its a very basic blue, and it seems to flow well and not skip or run. Great find!

SteveE
June 29th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Now that's unusual! Not the ink, but where she found it. Somebody must have "donated" it to the shop.

As for the color, it is one that I like, and presently have it in a Ranga ebonite pen for daily use.

Fiddlermatt
June 29th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Many times these types of stores simple buy wrapped pallets of goods from stores that have damaged inventory, or that have gone out of business. I would keep my eye out for more ink, paper, and possibly even pens in case there was more goodness inside whatever pallet they pulled that ink from.

manoeuver
June 29th, 2015, 09:21 AM
yeah, that bottle could be an indicator of some cool other stuff.

musicman123
July 2nd, 2015, 12:56 PM
Nice find! I'm surprised a bargain shop would actually have something like that. Sadly, no stores like this near me. :(