PDA

View Full Version : [MOVED] Hacking ??

Ripperg9
June 28th, 2015, 08:21 PM
I don't know if anyone else has had this issue recently, but I just received an email notification that someone had made multiple failed attempts to login to my account. The IP had multiple locations when I tried to trace it. Just thought I'd see if anyone else is having an issue with this.

mhosea
June 28th, 2015, 08:37 PM
I remember Dan saying that we had some issues with it in the past.

Crazyorange
June 29th, 2015, 05:34 AM
I got email yesterday too......my account had multiple failed attempts to log on. I can't remember what the old thread said. Change password?

Laura N
June 29th, 2015, 05:47 AM
If someone hacked my password, would it mean I'd no longer see pens to buy? Intriguing idea....

Crazyorange
June 29th, 2015, 08:07 AM
If someone hacked my password, would it mean I'd no longer see pens to buy? Intriguing idea....

Sweet idea. Unfortunately I think they are looking for our credit card info. Little do they know.....fountain pens equal empty wallet. We're the wrong crowd to hit up. ;)

jar
June 29th, 2015, 08:32 AM
If the attempts failed there is no need to do anything.

VertOlive
June 29th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Nothing happening here...

Tywno
July 1st, 2015, 06:56 AM
Just received an email warning me abouy the same failed logon attempt, including the ip-address of the attacker.

meowshirl
July 1st, 2015, 07:51 AM
I received email warning too, not long ago. Scary ne ...

FredRydr
July 1st, 2015, 09:25 AM
You mean Google?

Fred

Tywno
July 1st, 2015, 10:27 AM
No not Google. This forum has sent me a warning. Since I'm not alone, I can only assume that everyone registered here is at risk. Consider changing your password when you notice any suspicious activity on your account.

Susan3141
July 1st, 2015, 03:14 PM
I got the email several weeks ago and just got it again a few minutes ago. Guess I'll change my password, but I wonder why so many of us are getting hacked (or attempts are being made).

Susan

Neo
July 1st, 2015, 07:30 PM
Sign up for two factor authentication, directions here. http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/10648-Two-Factor-Authentication-added-for-secure-login?highlight=Authentication

DanDeM
July 2nd, 2015, 11:12 AM
Email from FPG Admin arrived about a half-hour ago. More then five failed attempts to hack in.

And if he succeeds, what then? Post some smut with my name on it?

What a sorry sap!

You! Yes you, you twit, after you read this, GET A LIFE.

Ripperg9
July 2nd, 2015, 04:00 PM
They can do more than smut. They look for similarities in passwords. They don't want to read about our pens they are looking to find a way the get some money. They just haven't realized yet that we spend all ours on pens. 😀

fromthecrowd
July 9th, 2015, 08:58 AM
I too got a similar notification on 07.07

Hawk
July 9th, 2015, 12:37 PM
I've had similar problems over the last few days trying to log into Goodsearch (it's a Yahoo based search engine that donates to a charity of your choice). I wonder if there is something larger going on in the cyber world?

Tracy Lee
July 9th, 2015, 04:33 PM
I have been too distracted by OPM's hack that has compromised everything in my life practically, to notice if my geek account is safe. Prolly should change the password at least, nothing much I can do about an incompetent government agency.

david i
July 10th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Appears to be a broad issue. Same happened to me.

The board I host is different boardware, but we have been utterly whacked by spambot applications. I have more than 1000 to clear from the validation queue. I used to not have to do final validations. Just let everyone through. Now cannot or get 1000 spammers every few weeks.

Geeks seems to be doing a better job filtering or has better prevention software.

regards

d

learningsquare
July 11th, 2015, 12:33 AM
I received the following notification yesterday: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zy6psjxlbinrbo/fpgeekshack.png?dl=0

The IP checks out as that of a Tor exit router. There seems to be more and more people abusing Tor these days...

caribbean_skye
July 11th, 2015, 08:49 AM
i received an email last week. IP is from somewhere in the NY area. *shrugs*

Ed333
July 11th, 2015, 01:32 PM
Just received an email warning me abouy the same failed logon attempt, including the ip-address of the attacker.

Same thing here. If attempts failed, not to worry?