PDA

View Full Version : Kaweco Art Sports Set

sharmon202
July 1st, 2015, 07:44 AM
I realize as I post this picture and information that many will think this a poor choice for a collection, the only one I have wanted. I realize they are basic Kaweco sports just with some different resins and probably nothing special to many people. I do not know why this set caught my attention but it did and I had to try to get them all. They are the second generation of the Arts Sports made. My thanks to Migo984 for helping me find the last one, the amber. Apologies for picture quality, I do not have knowledge or resources to get photos nearly as good as most I see on the forum.
Left to right: Aksehir, Amethyst, Rosit, Granit, Amecitrin, Lapis, Amber, and Alabaster. As I found pictures of them, especially on the Kaweco website, I thought the black & white would be my favorite and blue least favorite. Turns out it is the opposite. The black & white looked totally different in the Kaweco pictures when I found them, it looks a bit different now, more real and rotten. All of them are beautiful except that one. A lot of depth in color and texture in the other seven. Standard Kaweco nibs, nothing special.
Anyone have first gen pens they would like to sell, PM me.

Laura N
July 1st, 2015, 08:00 AM
Lovely set!

So, is Kaweco going to release more of these in the future? So you can continue your collection?

naimitsu
July 1st, 2015, 08:12 AM
Wow, lovely set! I've seen the black & white one and that didn't quite appeal to me. The Amethyst is pretty, but I'm not one for such strong veining.

But now I have to go see if I can find Amecitrin, Lapis, or Alabaster. Those three really caught my attention!

sgtstretch
July 1st, 2015, 09:07 AM
Very nice. I really like the Amethyst, Amecitrin, and Lapis.

migo984
July 1st, 2015, 09:48 AM
They look really lovely Sandy! I'm not surprised you collected them. I even like the Aksehir.

My favourite is the Amber - well it would be 😉 I'm very tempted to buy a gold nib for mine, but they cost nearly as much as the pen alone!

Sammyo
July 1st, 2015, 10:18 AM
I am very jealous!! I regularly eye both the Amethyst and the Alabaster... and then weep for I cannot afford them in my current state :(
To be fair, if I ever did buy the Amethyst, my wife would steal it from me in a heart beat!

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful collection and never apologies for liking what you like... I am thinking about collecting the Pilot Kakunos as they are more in my budget and I don't care what anyone thinks ;)

Crazyorange
July 1st, 2015, 11:04 AM
Beautiful collection.

Lady Onogaro
July 1st, 2015, 12:01 PM
I have the Amethyst and love it. Now that I see your photo, I want the Granit.

Chrissy
July 1st, 2015, 12:18 PM
That's a very nice set of pens :)

sharmon202
July 1st, 2015, 01:04 PM
Wow, lovely set! I've seen the black & white one and that didn't quite appeal to me. The Amethyst is pretty, but I'm not one for such strong veining.

But now I have to go see if I can find Amecitrin, Lapis, or Alabaster. Those three really caught my attention!

Last I heard Pen Chalet had 3 models, do not remember which ones. I got my last one from Dymocks in Sidney Australia.

sharmon202
July 1st, 2015, 01:05 PM
Lovely set!

So, is Kaweco going to release more of these in the future? So you can continue your collection?

I got a hit on a pen/pencil green set but at 350 Euro I doubt I will go there, especially for a pencil I do not want.

VertOlive
July 1st, 2015, 01:37 PM
Great set of Kawecos! I'm glad you finally located that Amber--it's my favorite of the set.

naimitsu
July 1st, 2015, 01:44 PM

Last I heard Pen Chalet had 3 models, do not remember which ones. I got my last one from Dymocks in Sidney Australia.

Thanks for the tip.
I just checked and it looks like they have the Lapis and Rosit, but only in Medium nibs. If it wasn't for the Medium nib, I'd go for it.

migo984
July 1st, 2015, 01:51 PM

Thanks for the tip.
I just checked and it looks like they have the Lapis and Rosit, but only in Medium nibs. If it wasn't for the Medium nib, I'd go for it.

Replacement nib units are fairly inexpensive and widely available. Or maybe someone on FPG might do a swap with you?

naimitsu
July 1st, 2015, 02:06 PM

Thanks for the tip.

Replacement nib units are fairly inexpensive and widely available. Or maybe someone on FPG might do a swap with you?

True... but the prospect of go through the additional hassle of getting a different nib (whether by trade or purchase) makes it rather unappealing to me.

sharmon202
July 1st, 2015, 02:52 PM

Thanks for the tip.

True... but the prospect of go through the additional hassle of getting a different nib (whether by trade or purchase) makes it rather unappealing to me.

I did not care what nib they came with if I did not get a choice. I have several other Sports and just swap nibs if what I want is not in it. I think I have only inked 2 of these Art Sports anyway. Not sure I will pay for the new gold nib until I see some reviews and if others think they are worth it.

Lady Onogaro
July 1st, 2015, 04:07 PM
Todd Nussbaum (isellpens.com) has some of them, though the price is higher than penchalet:

http://www.isellpens.com/category-s/1861.htm

I don't know about the nib size.

Bogon07
July 1st, 2015, 10:55 PM
Lovely set of Kawecos.

Glad to see that Asia Amber made it safely from Dymocks in Sydney to you after it disappeared from the display cabinet.
The staff, Susan & Mark there were very helpful when I was enquiring.

Here is a picture of some 1st Generation ART Sports from the FPN thread.
http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/254117-kaweco-art-sport/?p=3161652
http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/post-100019-0-70615600-1414479468.jpeg

Lady Onogaro
July 1st, 2015, 11:22 PM
I love the blue one (it's a lot like the Amethyst). The bottom one is intriguing, too.

migo984
July 2nd, 2015, 01:36 AM
I like the Mint Humbug one ☺️