PDA

View Full Version : NOS Eversharp symphony for sale or trade

Bold2013
July 1st, 2015, 06:27 PM
NOS symphony with manifold medium sticker. Burgundy with two tone metal cap. No obvious signs of use.

$1989519896

$60 or best offer shipped CONUS. PayPal.

Always open to trade offers.

Bold2013
July 4th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Price reduced to $50 shipped CONUS

Bold2013
July 11th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Bump

Bold2013
July 14th, 2015, 05:55 PM
I couldn't resist anymore and inked the pen. Writes awesome. Line variation near a noodlers and more than a Lamy 2000 with much less pressure.

Scrawler
July 14th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Nice pen. I am surprised it has not been snapped up, but maybe everyone is impecunious lately. The sticker says it is a "manifold" but you mention line variation. A "manifold" is usually quite rigid.

KBeezie
July 14th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Nice pen. I am surprised it has not been snapped up, but maybe everyone is impecunious lately. The sticker says it is a "manifold" but you mention line variation. A "manifold" is usually quite rigid.

On that note, are you (the op) using any pressure to get line variation similar to that of a Noodler's flex nib? If so, you shouldn't the vintage flex should flex with next to no pressure used.

Bold2013
July 15th, 2015, 05:19 AM
Less pressure than the noodlers flex to get similar width. I think part of it is due to the increased ink flow instead of just the tine spread.

Scrawler
July 15th, 2015, 07:05 AM
I would never try to make a manifold nib flex, myself. A Noodler's nib is not a guideline. For a nib to be used with flex, it must open with the natural pressure changes on the tip as the pen moves over the paper. If you have to consciously press, then you are stressing the nib. I wish I had spare change to rescue this from you. Incidentally though the nib is rigid, the feed is probably the same as other pens like the Skyliner, which has a really good feed design, intended to allow more ink to flow on demand.

KBeezie
July 15th, 2015, 09:47 AM
I would never try to make a manifold nib flex, myself. A Noodler's nib is not a guideline. For a nib to be used with flex, it must open with the natural pressure changes on the tip as the pen moves over the paper. If you have to consciously press, then you are stressing the nib. I wish I had spare change to rescue this from you. Incidentally though the nib is rigid, the feed is probably the same as other pens like the Skyliner, which has a really good feed design, intended to allow more ink to flow on demand.

Agreed, if the tipping doesn't spread when pressing it on the thumbnail, until after the area on the thumbnail turns white, then it should not be used as flex (not even for the small 2x springy equiv). Using said trick, a Noodler's Flex nib isn't even springy, the amount of press required for them is extreme by comparison, they just have a high tolerance to pain, most other nibs do not.

The Skyline/Skyliner/etc feeds are excellent :P Especially with a breather tube properly installed.

Bold2013
July 15th, 2015, 04:51 PM
If you look at peyton street pens NOS eversharp symphony with manifold nibs they have semi flex in parentheses after manifold.

All I was getting at is in this case manifold is not synonymous with nail. Its line variation is greater than a #6 Jowo and a lamy 2000 in normal writing and less than a noodlers.

terim
August 8th, 2015, 09:19 AM
The Symphony manifold nibs are definitely not nails. They have a pleasing "give" but really only very subtle line variation.

Bold2013
August 8th, 2015, 03:57 PM
Sold.