PDA

View Full Version : And that ends that little obsession (Images -Athens and all Twelve Pelikan M620s)

JustDaveyB
October 2nd, 2012, 05:12 AM
Well the parcel arrived today containing the twelfth of twelve M620 cities/famous places pens - the Athens - its colours vary from grey to yellow-blue around the pen.

My obsession with owning all M620 pens is satisfied.

http://justdaveyb.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/m620a_20121002_tn.jpg

http://justdaveyb.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/m620c_20121002_tn.jpg

http://justdaveyb.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/pi169_20121002_tn.jpg

http://justdaveyb.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/pi169b_20121002_tn.jpg

auto winder
October 2nd, 2012, 05:34 AM
Congratulations! What's next? :)

JustDaveyB
October 2nd, 2012, 07:07 AM
Congratulations! What's next? :)

A six month break from collecting any new pens to enjoy the 70 that I have, then probably will chase a few more Pelikans then not certain as I have a miscellaneous list that includes a Nakaya, a Caran d'Ache, a Montblanc and several Italian marques.

Bogon07
October 2nd, 2012, 04:27 PM
The Athens looks fascinating in the first photo by itself. Like a thin layer of bubbly solder or sun reflecting of water. Nice purple violet and lilac tones.

Congratulations on completing your collection.

I still think your cow pen looks the odd one out with it's plain white cap.

How is that Waterman collection going ?
Should Waterman have a forum too or aren't they all that popular...

JustDaveyB
October 2nd, 2012, 05:41 PM
The Athens looks fascinating in the first photo by itself. Like a thin layer of bubbly solder or sun reflecting of water. Nice purple violet and lilac tones.

Congratulations on completing your collection.

I still think your cow pen looks the odd one out with it's plain white cap.

How is that Waterman collection going ?
Should Waterman have a forum too or aren't they all that popular...

The Athens is a very interesting pattern - similar I suppose to the Shanghai, it does look bubbly at one angle but changes as the pen is turned.

Yes New York is a love or hate look - I always referred to it as the cow pen.

Still one Waterman to find - not holding much hope though as the Preface was not a popular pen.

I like Watermans and probably would own more - A Le Man 100 was always a dream when I was young but there are plenty of wants now higher on the list.

I am almost out of money for fountain pens as well until next year. I spent 90% off my yearly budget in 3 months...

snedwos
October 2nd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Maybe it's me being parochial, but the Madrid pen is just so beautiful...

JustDaveyB
October 2nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Maybe it's me being parochial, but the Madrid pen is just so beautiful...

Yes there is something about a red pen (and for that matter red cars...)

peterpen53
October 3rd, 2012, 05:57 AM
The Athens is a very interesting pattern - similar I suppose to the Shanghai, it does look bubbly at one angle but changes as the pen is turned.

It looks very impressive. Can't remember having seen it the way you show it. By the way, I saw a San Francisco at the pen show last weekend. Unfortunately it was not in a very well-lit place so it was predominantly dark. And as could be expected, it was damned expensive compared to some other 620's.

Yes New York is a love or hate look - I always referred to it as the cow pen.

I never could get myself to like this one, just like the Place de la Concorde. The Grand'Place is still my undisputed favourite.

...A Le Man 100 was always a dream when I was young ...

Best modern pen Waterman ever made IMHO. One day I might dispose of all my Watermans but never this one.

Edit: if I were you I'd give it a very deep thought before starting on Italians. I have 37 of those to back that up (and still want a few more).

daenghafez
November 2nd, 2013, 11:10 PM
Congrats on the complete collection. Not an easy feat to complete based on my experience.

Had one complete collection last few years back and had to let all go.

Now re-collecting back and now I am left with two more to go.

lisantica
December 15th, 2013, 03:03 PM
What a beautiful collection!

Newjelan
December 20th, 2013, 01:44 AM
What a stunning collection. (Green with envy)