PDA

View Full Version : I got some new pens today (I'm new and I hope this goes here)

Briankp
July 3rd, 2015, 09:02 PM
I received my very first order from Goulet and received (L-R)

Kaweco Skyline Sport with a medium nib

Lamy Safari with an extra fine nib

Faber-Castell Loom with a fine nib

I also ordered a ton of other things (pocket notebook sampler, Midori traveler's notebook, inks [three J Herbin colors], and more]

I will probably never order from anyone but Goulet from now on. I'm really excited to spend all of my money on journals, notebooks, and more from now on.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/03/0f8b73c853af08bfe87e4f45f0708b3f.jpg

VertOlive
July 3rd, 2015, 09:24 PM
Nice score! Which JH inks did you get?

Briankp
July 3rd, 2015, 09:25 PM
Thank you! I got the Perle Noire, the Rouge Caroubier, and the Vert Pré. I inked the green into the Faber-Castell and they seem to go together perfectly!

Briankp
July 3rd, 2015, 09:26 PM
This was also my first time buying actual inks (all I had previously was a Lamy black, a Parker Quink black, and a Private Reserve Sepia) and now I want a ton more inks. Damn these expensive hobbies! [emoji16]

Lady Onogaro
July 3rd, 2015, 10:33 PM
I love their pocket notebook sampler. It's a great deal for the price. Are you a member of Ink Drop? If you like to sample inks, that's a great subscription. You can bow out anytime, but it also comes with special deals on some items, too.

Briankp
July 4th, 2015, 07:27 AM
I love their pocket notebook sampler. It's a great deal for the price. Are you a member of Ink Drop? If you like to sample inks, that's a great subscription. You can bow out anytime, but it also comes with special deals on some items, too.

I've never used anything but regular notebooks that can be picked up at Staples or on campus. What a difference!! I'm not a member of Ink Drop but I'll definitely be signing up; thanks for telling me about it!

caribbean_skye
July 4th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Sweet, looks like you bought not only a nice selection of pens, but nibs and inks too. Enjoy the purchases and we are all massive enablers here [emoji3]

Waski_the_Squirrel
July 4th, 2015, 08:58 AM
I don't know the Faber-Castell brand, but the other two are great pens. Good choices!

Briankp
July 4th, 2015, 10:05 AM
I don't know the Faber-Castell brand, but the other two are great pens. Good choices!

The Faber-Castell seems to be really great. This is my second Safari (I also have a 2012 in turquoise) and that Kaweco is a perfect pen to go in my pocket notebook. I'm really happy with my purchases. Thanks, everyone!

akapulko2020
July 4th, 2015, 11:13 AM
I'm yet to try the Faber Castell pen ,but love the other two. Have fun with the hobby :-)

Hawk
July 4th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Brian Goulet and his wife run an excellent company. Sweetnightingale contributes to putting bread on his table. She likes her Safari, good choice.