PDA

View Full Version : Paper suggestion for double sided PRINTING

tandaina
July 6th, 2015, 11:28 AM
OK. So I am looking for new paper. I've been using Neenah Paper Classic Crest 90g/m paper. It is utterly bullet proof for fountain pens (good) but also very thick and heavy which means that it takes up a ludicrous amount of room in my ringed planner.

Here is what I need:
1. Thinner! I have some great sort of tracing paper which is bullet proof but is so transparent that I can't print on both sides which defeats the purpose of having thin paper because have to have twice as much of it.
2. Opaque enough to use both sides.
3. Fountain pen friendly. Doesn't have to take the wettest thickest pens, I use fine and extra fine in my planner, but I want to use a fountain pen!

Any suggestions? I've thought about buying a ream of Tomoe River, but I'm afraid it is too fine to go through my printer.

Dreck
July 6th, 2015, 01:58 PM
90g/m2 is the equivalent of 24# bond/60# text, which eliminates a lot of the nicer papers. Regular copier paper is 20# bond, so you could try various colors of copier paper. The problem with colored papers is that the ink color doesn't often show up true, so I suggest ivory as a potential first try.

Last year or so I found a ream of some grey bond with a laid finish that I'll never use. It's 22#, which puts it right between copier paper and "too thick." I was able to write on both sides without bleedthrough. If you're not put off by grey, PM your address to me and I'll send you however many sheets you'd like.

ETA: If I recall correctly, Neenah's entire "Classic" line is a bit poofy. I have some 24# ivory-colored Wasau Royal somethingorother that I'll be happy to send you if you just want to try a different mill.

reprieve
July 6th, 2015, 04:43 PM
For the printer, I use #24 and #28 HP multipurpose paper. It does pretty well with most fountain pens and you can print on both sides without a whole lot of show through. It's not super-thin though, nothing like Tomoe.

By the way, if you decide that you do want a ream of Tomoe, I have one or two reams that I'd be willing to sell you for cheap (I'm trying to declutter).

Chrissy
July 6th, 2015, 05:14 PM
For the printer, I use #24 and #28 HP multipurpose paper. It does pretty well with most fountain pens and you can print on both sides without a whole lot of show through. It's not super-thin though, nothing like Tomoe.

By the way, if you decide that you do want a ream of Tomoe, I have one or two reams that I'd be willing to sell you for cheap (I'm trying to declutter).

I would be very willing to help you to declutter some TR paper :)

caribbean_skye
July 6th, 2015, 07:08 PM
i will also help you declutter

sgtstretch
July 6th, 2015, 07:15 PM

OK, that makes me feel better. I'm not the only one that thinks a ream of Tomoe would be useful.

ac12
July 8th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Staples, Sustainable Earth, sugar cane paper, 20#

Silverbreeze
July 9th, 2015, 06:34 AM
I second the Sugar Cane paper

tandaina
July 9th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Thanks all! I've got the Tomoe River coming, and will try the sugar cane for stuff that's a little less precious. ;)