PDA

View Full Version : Site performance taking a hit?

Jon Szanto
July 8th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Hey all,

I've noticed, over the last day or two, that bringing up the forums, or refreshing a page, seems to have gotten quite a bit more sluggish? Anyone else noticing this?

rdcalhoon
July 8th, 2015, 10:03 PM
I counted to eleven while this thread was opening. So, yeah.

migo984
July 9th, 2015, 01:03 AM
Yes. Very slow here too. With new members waiting an age to be approved, no obvious moderation, the seeming degeneration into a chat room ethos, and a sluggish site, are these the dying breathes of this forum........?

Jon Szanto
July 9th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Yes. Very slow here too. With new members waiting an age to be approved, no obvious moderation, the seeming degeneration into a chat room ethos, and a sluggish site, are these the dying breathes of this forum........?

Well, let's not lose all hope just yet... :)

migo984
July 9th, 2015, 01:24 AM

Said tongue-in-cheek ...... kind of 😉

ethernautrix
July 9th, 2015, 02:14 AM
NYSE shut down for a few hours, United grounded all flights for a few hours, and a few other power-related glitches were reported in Gawker yesterday: "Ladies and Gentlemen, It's Time to Panic (http://gawker.com/ladies-and-gentlemen-its-time-to-panic-1716514222)."

I read Gawker for the peanut gallery.

reprieve
July 9th, 2015, 06:17 AM

It has been sluggish the past few days. Among other things. But not all hope is lost. Yet. There are still at least two threads somewhere around here that are actually about inks and pens and papers.

jar
July 9th, 2015, 06:23 AM
I'm old and slow and so this pace suits me. Fast is too exhausting.

Crazyorange
July 9th, 2015, 08:23 AM
It's even slow through tap talk.

rdcalhoon
July 9th, 2015, 11:58 AM
I don't worry about the forum going away. There are too many never ending threads going and going and going. It is true that some of the threads are lurching like zombies.

Laura N
July 9th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Oh great. I had managed to forget the possibility of zombie attack.

Neo
July 9th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Perhaps this? http://www.tesis.lebedev.ru/en/sun_flares.html