PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Vintage Faceted Pilot VP Stealth

akafridi3
July 10th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Pilot VP in the rare Vintage Faceted Model
Stealth Black

No major scratches or dents. Great condition overall. Comes with converter and two nib units.

These faceted VP Models have plastic threads that are against steel threads. It is because of this, the plastic threads are prone to get damaged over time. This is what happened with mine. I had it sent to Ron Zorn whom replaced the threads with more secure Brass threads, as shown in picture.

Two Nibs are included in this package:
1. 14k Gold Medium nib stubbed by me. Incredibly smooth writer, one of my favs. Writing sample shown. From what I understand, Pilot only makes 18k nibs now, so these 14k nibs are rare now.
2. 18k gold (rhodium plated) medium nib - however, the nib looks sprung and bent down. It does write, pretty wet writer and does occasionally skip. If you are comfortable, you can play around with it and maybe get it to work and bend it back in shape.

Compared to the modern VP, this older models seems lighter, skinnier, and due to shape of clip, some might find it more comfortable to hold. At same time, it still feels heavy enough and thick enough to be a comfortable writer, in my opinion.

Would've love to keep this for myself, but I am trying to get some funds to pay for basic things I need for my third year medical school: new shoes, scrubs, etc. Hoping someone will take this and enjoy it as much as I do.

Asking $175 Shipped

Package will be sent with USPS Priority Mail with Tracking info
Paypal, CONUS

Message me if interested

Thanks,

Asif