PDA

View Full Version : Birthday present - Pelikan M200 Congac

Sammyo
July 11th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I received a Pelikan M200 Congac yesterday for my birthday. It is beautiful, however considering the price I was amazed how much work I had to do to the nib! The tines were practically welded together so no ink was reaching the paper. But a bit of work later and it is now wonderful to write with.

I paired it with my De Atramentis Whisky ink... with this combination I think I will need to attend Alcoholics Anonymous!!!! Thank you for looking :)

Hawk
July 11th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Nice. My wife and I never had nib problems with the pens we bought. Something to remember, though.

VertOlive
July 11th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Perfect ink/pen pair and doesn't the ink smell nice?!

Happy Birthday! :cheers:

Sammyo
July 11th, 2015, 04:58 PM
Perfect ink/pen pair and doesn't the ink smell nice?!

Happy Birthday! :cheers:

It is currently my favourite ink... but that changes weekly or depends on the pen I use... so fickle!

Thank you, as soon as I saw the pen I knew which ink had to go in it :)

Special K
July 12th, 2015, 07:00 PM
You did well. Does the ink have a liquor type smell?

Sammyo
July 12th, 2015, 07:29 PM
It smells like ink mixed with cheap whisky. It is not a bad smell, just distinctive. It doesn't smell of whisky, but it does have a whisky base to it... I hope that helps and answers your question :)

Sammyo
July 12th, 2015, 07:30 PM
N.b. the colour and shading on Tomoe River is wonderful, it really shines on good paper :)

Special K
July 12th, 2015, 09:02 PM
It smells like ink mixed with cheap whisky. It is not a bad smell, just distinctive. It doesn't smell of whisky, but it does have a whisky base to it... I hope that helps and answers your question :)
Yeah, thanx. I've heard of scented inks but wasn't interested enough to buy them. I think I'd buy an ink with a liquor base slash smell. It would probably go well in my 823.