PDA

View Full Version : Bung box massdrop tomorrow

Crazyorange
July 13th, 2015, 05:36 PM
Massdrop announced it will be having a bung box massdrop. It launches tomorrow at 7am pacific time. :)

Here's the link for the discussion.
https://www.massdrop.com/vote/bung-box-ink-import

Woohoo!

klpeabody
July 13th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Massdrop announced it will be having a bung box massdrop. It launches tomorrow at 7am pacific time. :)

Here's the link for the discussion.
https://www.massdrop.com/vote/bung-box-ink-import

Woohoo!

I'm with you. Woohoo!!! =)
I did take time out to vote, and I'm looking forward to it. Very much!

migo984
July 13th, 2015, 09:43 PM
I'll watch with interest. Given the notoriously slow speed of despatch after many Massdrop sales have ended, and the current problems with availability of Sailor bespoke inks (the ones in the tall fluted bottles), it'll be interesting to see what estimated despatch date Massdrop quote for the BungBox inks. Unless they've done a *special* special deal 😉

As an example of their slow despatch, the current Massdrop for De Atramentis inks which ends in 3 days, has a quoted estimated despatch of mid August.

naimitsu
July 14th, 2015, 01:37 AM
Dude, that's awesome! I've been wanting to try a few of their inks but can't seem to find a reliable source in the States. What sucks is that I'll be up in the air when it opens! I'll just have to check once I land.

sgtstretch
July 14th, 2015, 08:43 AM
$75 for two bottles with a minimum order of two bottles. It's cheaper to just order through Vanness Pens, and get reasonable shipping times.

Crazyorange
July 14th, 2015, 08:45 AM
I believe vanness pens are out of stock. Over all the price is good.

mtnbiker62
July 14th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Vanness is out of stock on most of the Bungbox inks, and their price is $35.65 per bottle, so it is almost exactly the same as the Massdrop price. Vanness was quoting a December date for refreshing their stock, IIRC, and the Massdrop date is estimated for September 10. So I took a chance on Massdrop. I've been trying to get 4b and Sapphire for a while, and this looks like my best chance. I'm not knocking Vanness at all; I got my bottle of Ink of Witch from them! :)

sgtstretch
July 14th, 2015, 08:56 AM
I guess. I didn't think it was very good, but I recently joined a group buy to get 2 bottles, Sapphire and Tangerine. Even if the guy in charge of the group buy charges me $30 to ship the two bottles, it will be cheaper than this Massdrop offer.

wangminze
July 14th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Hey guys, I can only get one bottle. Would any of you like split this with me? I'll ship to you the one you want when I get it.

tandaina
July 14th, 2015, 09:54 AM
$75 for two bottles with a minimum order of two bottles. It's cheaper to just order through Vanness Pens, and get reasonable shipping times.

Yup, that was my thought. Hell it was cheaper for me to ping an eBay seller in Japan and have him run down to the local shop and mail me bottles. I paid $100 for 4 bottles shipped from Japan. I'll be skipping this one. If they wanted to do it right they should have done the seasonal inks. Those inks are available through Bung Box's website at any time if you order a case of 12. Massdrop could have easily gotten enough orders for a couple cases and for the seasonal ink I'd pay a premium. For the ones they listed it's cheaper to get it any other number of ways. :\

migo984
July 14th, 2015, 10:21 AM
BungBox are currently quoting 6 months delivery on their site. They are taking reservation orders on 12 colours (non-seasonal inks only) with orders being limited to 4 per customer. The Massdrop may be worth going for.

tandaina
July 14th, 2015, 01:25 PM
FYI, Vanness has colors back in stock, I just got an email from them today cause I was on their wait list. The holiday colors are available through them, I grabbed Sweet Potato Purple and Silent Night.

FYI: With shipping two bottles came to $71.30. So if Vaness has the colors you want it is cheaper than Massdrop. And you'll get your ink a *lot* faster.

Crazyorange
July 14th, 2015, 03:48 PM
FYI, Vanness has colors back in stock, I just got an email from them today cause I was on their wait list. The holiday colors are available through them, I grabbed Sweet Potato Purple and Silent Night.

FYI: With shipping two bottles came to $71.30. So if Vaness has the colors you want it is cheaper than Massdrop. And you'll get your ink a *lot* faster.

Dang....missed that sweet Potato! I hope they bring some to the DC show.

Chrissy
July 14th, 2015, 04:09 PM
I looked at the Massdrop already and the few colours on offer weren't particularly inspiring

Tracy Lee
July 14th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Also, it appears there is a problem with their bottle manufacturer so that is a drag, too. Sounds like that is why the drop will be delivered in standard Sailor Jentle bottles.

wangminze
July 14th, 2015, 04:37 PM
I didn't see the sapphire color on Vanness. Do they have that ink?

migo984
July 14th, 2015, 05:21 PM
Also, it appears there is a problem with their bottle manufacturer so that is a drag, too. Sounds like that is why the drop will be delivered in standard Sailor Jentle bottles.

Yes, they went out of business & Sailor doesn't expect to get replacements before January.

Chrissy
July 14th, 2015, 05:27 PM

Thanks for this. It looks like the better deal

naimitsu
July 15th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Yeah, just saw the pricing and I don't know any more, especially since it doesn't come in the cool bottle I was hoping for.

If they find another bottle manufacturer that does the other style bottle, I'll reconsider.