PDA

View Full Version : The Horse Notebooks: Handmade Leather Bound Journals With Tomoe River Paper

thehorsenotebooks
July 13th, 2015, 10:55 PM
http://thehorsenotebooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/mailchimp_banner980x150.png

There are excellent notebooks in the world. But many people are not satisfied with them. We are one of them. Most of the people tend to live with that. But we are not among them.

That’s how the idea of manufacturing notebooks that satisfies ourselves sprung.

We are the people who are doing PhD far from home. Along with our academic career, we wanted to create something that we love and care not only for us but for all the people. So, we started a small bindery in 2015 to provide high quality and durable notebooks. Being chemists, we know which materials are good for keeping memories over generations through your notebooks. Everything started with a ‘why not?’ question and now we are creating perfect notebooks for pen and ink enthusiasts since February 2015. We are working on the notebooks in our spare times.

We are making notebooks in 4 different size ranging from a moleskine size journal to pocket size. We use Tomoe River paper and French goatskin leather. We use Japanese binding techniques to ensure our notebooks to open flat.

In our notebooks leather color, paper type, end papers, bookmarks and edge dying can be customised.

I am sharing this here to get your opinion, comments and suggestions to make it better.

Please have a look at our website

http://www.thehorsenotebooks.com

Kind regards

VertOlive
August 6th, 2015, 07:57 PM
I enjoyed your website, but left with one question: Do you offer both white and cream colored Tomoe paper, or white only?

By the way, the piece of polished wood in your first photo here is gorgeous.

Newjelan
August 7th, 2015, 03:22 AM
They look beautiful. Can you tell how "moleskine journal size" compares to A5, A6 etc?

Tracy Lee
August 7th, 2015, 11:46 AM
These look very promising!

KrazyIvan
August 7th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Remind me of the notebooks made in Japan. Can't remember the name now, but they were a big hit on FPN a few years ago.

I remember now: Design - y

tandaina
August 7th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Very pretty. I however was really excited for a horse themed notebook and found no ponies. ;) But I'm horse obsessed so ignore me. Or, you know, put horses on it, please. Then take all my money.

yigitaltay
August 8th, 2015, 12:24 AM
We offer only cream colored Tomoe River paper.
Thanks!

yigitaltay
August 8th, 2015, 12:26 AM
They look beautiful. Can you tell how "moleskine journal size" compares to A5, A6 etc?

Our largest size notebook (Royal Model) is smaller than A5 which has dimensions 140x205 cm (5.5x8.1 in)

yigitaltay
August 8th, 2015, 12:29 AM
Remind me of the notebooks made in Japan. Can't remember the name now, but they were a big hit on FPN a few years ago.

Yes indeed, it is familiar in sense that we both use leather bound Tomoe River journals. But in our noteoboks you are more free to customise with your own taste. I personally have a Design Y. notebooks and so I can say that quality wise The Horse Notebooks have nothing less.

Mags
August 10th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Very interested.

Bogon07
August 20th, 2015, 02:35 AM
The Horse Notebooks made of goatskin leather - colour me confused. Mind you they do look good.

HorseCats, SwampDogs & CannibalDonkeys !

Sammyo
August 20th, 2015, 11:02 AM
These look beautiful and I know I like Tomoe River paper. Next time I need a new notebook...

bluesea
September 28th, 2015, 08:18 AM

Yes indeed, it is familiar in sense that we both use leather bound Tomoe River journals. But in our noteoboks you are more free to customise with your own taste. I personally have a Design Y. notebooks and so I can say that quality wise The Horse Notebooks have nothing less.

Classy product.