PDA

View Full Version : Tornado

sharmon202
July 14th, 2015, 04:42 AM
Tornado near us last night. Moved away from us then we got hail and rain.

Crazyorange
July 14th, 2015, 04:45 AM
[emoji15] that's scary. Glad to hear you're ok. Though you snapped great pics.

migo984
July 14th, 2015, 06:00 AM
Yikes! 😨 Thank goodness you & L are OK, Sandy.

Laura N
July 14th, 2015, 06:13 AM
[emoji15] that's scary. Glad to hear you're ok. Though you snapped great pics.

My thoughts exactly. And that first photo is especially amazing.

reprieve
July 14th, 2015, 06:45 AM
That is terrifying. I'm glad you're alright! But wow. What a great photo! It blew me away! :D

Lady Onogaro
July 14th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Wow, Sandy! I'm glad you are safe. I would have been hiding.

writingrav
July 14th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Yikes. There is no better expression. Stay safe.

tandaina
July 14th, 2015, 01:27 PM
That is way too close for comfort!

Deb
July 14th, 2015, 01:37 PM
That's a tremendous photograph!

Cob
July 14th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Indeed a wonderful photograph; what amazed me about that particular "twister" was the fact that amidst the blue sky and pleasant cumulus clouds was this black blob of nastiness!

Cob

Flounder
July 14th, 2015, 02:11 PM
I will never complain about the weather here again!

Flounder
July 14th, 2015, 02:12 PM
My first thought was "LOOSE NUKES!!!!"

sharmon202
July 14th, 2015, 04:17 PM
We saw this before tornado warnings were issued and watched it carefully several minutes. It was north of us and tornados just do not move south. It did move oddly, to the west. It was also remarkable even to natives (we have been here 9 years) that it was sunny the entire time. It hailed and rained after, also sunny and HOT! We had our safe room ready to run to if needed and watch all around us in case more popped up which is not unusual. The pics were with my new Galaxy S6, wonderful camera for sure for a non photo person like me.
This is the start of it, same distance almost, just small and see the dirt starting to rotate at ground level? Just was an amazing experience and not scary at all after the first O' shit moment until I realized where directions were.

klpeabody
July 14th, 2015, 06:54 PM
So glad you are OK! Incredible photos. Stay safe.

akapulko2020
July 15th, 2015, 04:52 AM
Wow.

OliverW
July 16th, 2015, 01:34 PM
That is equally amazing and terrifying. It reminds me of something I watched over the internet which says: "Remember, nature hates you and wants to kill you" and while this isn't entirely true, stuff like this makes me shudder.

Funny how I was just complaining about the weather here in Sweden a few days ago.

Sailor Kenshin
July 16th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Yikes! Glad you were unscathed.

ethernautrix
July 20th, 2015, 05:23 AM
Incredible photos! Wow.

Last night here in Wrocław, we had a powerful storm - hail, strong winds, and lightning (distant thunder). I was told that approximately 1,000 lightning bolts were counted in a half-hour. Storm passed after about 45 minutes, warm air continued. Today is considerably cooler -- and bluer of sky, with friendly, white clouds.

sharmon202
July 21st, 2015, 04:10 PM
Incredible photos! Wow.

Last night here in Wrocław, we had a powerful storm - hail, strong winds, and lightning (distant thunder). I was told that approximately 1,000 lightning bolts were counted in a half-hour. Storm passed after about 45 minutes, warm air continued. Today is considerably cooler -- and bluer of sky, with friendly, white clouds.

Sounds like it was kinda scary as well, hope everything is in one piece there.

ethernautrix
July 22nd, 2015, 04:02 PM
The next day, on bikes (running errands), we saw many felled trees, which maybe should not have come as a shock, but did -- and at least one car that had been bashed in by a falling tree. Watching the news (with a couple of friends interpreting), I learned that around 10,000 lost power and some people experienced flooding. That was in Wrocław. In other areas of Poland, some homes were destroyed, one person was killed (the backseat passenger in a car that was hit by a falling tree; the two in front sustained minor injuries only), and perhaps a dozen persons were injured.

The storm was certainly intense, but I didn't realize how badly it affected others.

Yesterday and today have been very HOT, with another storm expected tomorrow. I'll be at the dentist....

VertOlive
July 22nd, 2015, 06:46 PM
Sandy! Glad y'all, and Toto made it and your house didn't get dropped on a Wicked Witch!

sharmon202
July 27th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Ya know, I am surprised there have not been more Oz comments. My four Toto's were acting weird several minutes before we went looking at the clouds. I believe barometric pressure drops when there is a tornado, maybe they felt that? Anyway, we usually pay attention to our dogs behavior, this affirms that it is a good idea. People do not walk down our street we do not know about.

Misfit
July 28th, 2015, 03:01 AM
Tornado wasn't too near but still in the city limits, so spent time in the basement earlier this month while the tornado sirens were going off. Glad you were not hit by it.

Misfit
July 28th, 2015, 03:02 AM
I'm surprised too by not many Wizard of Oz comments.