PDA

View Full Version : A Long Time Ago, in a Pen Shop Far, Far Away

thoddomas
July 14th, 2015, 12:51 PM
We just published a quick sneak-peek on the new Cross Star Wars licensed pens & notebooks that are due out in the Fall.

Check out the image of the different models that are expected to be released...

AT CROSS Star Wars Special Editions (http://goldspotpens.blogspot.com/2015/07/at-cross-star-wars-special-edition.html)

What do you think? Are these pens strong with the force?

jar
July 14th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Are these aimed at the preteen market? Do today's preteens know anything about Star Wars or the Force?

carlc
July 14th, 2015, 04:09 PM
They will come December!

My three all know Star Wars (7, 10 and 13). Lego has been producing Star Wars sets for several years (my middle son has many of them).

fqgouvea
July 14th, 2015, 04:55 PM
The click models are so ugly that I wondered whether this was a joke!

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

KBeezie
July 14th, 2015, 08:03 PM
... guess they're trying to do what Lamy did with Line, only making the pen worse in doing so with Cross's design.

http://i.imgur.com/iBv3URt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Yll8cqg.jpg

I mean doing that looks decent on Lamy (anything thing to cover up that hideous clip...), not so much on Cross.

Scrawler
July 14th, 2015, 08:51 PM
I have been wanting to watch the Star Wars franchise, but do not know where to start, or in which order to watch them. Maybe if I do watch them I will get some of the memes and jokes based on it.

sgtstretch
July 14th, 2015, 08:55 PM
I have been wanting to watch the Star Wars franchise, but do not know where to start, or in which order to watch them. Maybe if I do watch them I will get some of the memes and jokes based on it.

Best to watch it in order of release. IV, V, VI, I, II, then III.

KBeezie
July 15th, 2015, 02:02 AM

I wonder if you can even get the theatrical versions of the first three anymore.

carlc
July 15th, 2015, 02:11 AM

Oh boy.

There is a whole other section of the internet dedicated to discussing that particular question.

Release order
Number order
Machete order
Etc..

Personally I think they're easiest to watch as two separate trilogies in release order (as noted by sgt stretch).

Scrawler
July 15th, 2015, 06:10 AM

This looks like you are pulling my leg. Why will no one ever give me a straight answer to this question. I have decided not to watch them after all, and all the inside joking can remain inside a group I am not a part of.

carlc
July 15th, 2015, 06:23 AM

This looks like you are pulling my leg. Why will no one ever give me a straight answer to this question. I have decided not to watch them after all, and all the inside joking can remain inside a group I am not a part of.

No he's not - honestly:

Ever since the Prequel Trilogy came out, Star Wars fans have disagreed over whether to watch the Star Wars saga in chronological order or the order of release. Although George Lucas prefers chronological order, both viewing orders have their pros and cons. from http://scifi.about.com/od/starwarsfilms/a/Star-Wars-Faq-Whats-The-Best-Viewing-Order-For-The-Star-Wars-Films.htm

Each Star Wars film has a numeral attached so:

1977: Episode IV: A New Hope
1980: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
1983: Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi
1999: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
2002: Episode II: Attack Of The Clones
2005: Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

Agreed it makes no sense but I believe there were commercial reasons behind the release of the final three (by numeral order) first.

The order sgtstretch has noted is known as release order. The above quote shows that George Lucas feels they should be watched in numerical order (I - VI).

By the way many of the debates about the order the films should be watched in are full of spoilers - I'll leave it up to you if you choose to read them or not.

Tracy Lee
July 15th, 2015, 07:18 AM

Oh boy.

There is a whole other section of the internet dedicated to discussing that particular question.

Release order
Number order
Machete order
Etc..

Personally I think they're easiest to watch as two separate trilogies in release order (as noted by sgt stretch).
Nothing EASY about watching I, II, and III though I do agree with your suggested order absolutely. Those last three - so painful and so bad and just so awful - watch the first three and consider yourself as having seen Star Wars.[emoji12] Maybe it's just me, but I know plenty of others who agree even if they don't want to. [emoji6]

KBeezie
July 15th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Far as watching it in release order, I feel is best because the later releases (ie: after VI) assumes to some extent that you've seen the first three (IV,V,VI), so might be missing a bit of the genre references or have different expectations for the movie(s).

Plus if you watch Episode I first... I fear you might give up too early on it. lol.

Lady Onogaro
July 15th, 2015, 10:22 AM
I would definitely watch them in order of release. You'll get the best ones first (especially The Empire Strikes Back), then you can decide whether to watch the others.

Silverbreeze
July 15th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Please please watch in order of release!!!!!!!!

thoddomas
July 15th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Hey All,

You might notice that the images of the Star Wars pens have gone all Mr. Magoo from our sneak peek post.

We've had to remove the images from the post since AT Cross was not supposed to share them. We were originally told that we could share them and found the information (along with the Death Star plans) on their common FTP site. We have since blurred out the images and deleted social media posts with the images attached.

If you've seen them, please un-see them. Have your droid's memories erased.

tandaina
July 15th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Honestly I wouldn't recommend watching I, II, and III at all. I find them a complete waste of time and a wonderful way to ruin what was a good story. :\

The only way to see the original theatrical release is if you were clever and bought the stupid director's cut on DVD years ago, one of the packages came with the original (totally unrestored so the quality isn't great) on a second DVD. I bought those, threw away the abomination that is Lucas' later fiddling and kept the DVDs of the original version. They are basically VHS quality, but at least the story is unaltered just to show off fancy digital effects. (Yes, I am a *grump* Sci Fi fan.)

manoeuver
July 15th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Honestly I wouldn't recommend watching I, II, and III at all. I find them a complete waste of time and a wonderful way to ruin what was a good story. :\

The only way to see the original theatrical release is if you were clever and bought the stupid director's cut on DVD years ago, one of the packages came with the original (totally unrestored so the quality isn't great) on a second DVD. I bought those, threw away the abomination that is Lucas' later fiddling and kept the DVDs of the original version. They are basically VHS quality, but at least the story is unaltered just to show off fancy digital effects. (Yes, I am a *grump* Sci Fi fan.)

I am with you. I do have my hopes slightly elevated for the new one this year.

tandaina
July 15th, 2015, 11:57 AM
I was so hopeful when 1 came out and sooooo disappointed by it that I refuse to get my hopes up. I'll wait and see what my fellow grumpy fans think of it before I give another dollar to that franchise. So Manoeuver you'll have to give a review. ;)

sgtstretch
July 15th, 2015, 02:37 PM
I am with you. I do have my hopes slightly elevated for the new one this year.

I think these will be better than the 2nd trilogy, just because Lucas doesn't have his money grubbing hands on it.