PDA

View Full Version : Brits - Oxford A6 moleskinalikes for £4 @ Asda

Flounder
July 14th, 2015, 04:16 PM
After a long run of utter rubbish, I notice Asda has some half decent Oxford stationery in.

I'm using the Oxford Campus notepad, 140 pages of ruled 90GSM Optik paper. Pretty smooth and no bleed through - though it takes a little longer for FP ink to dry on the page than normal paper.

They've A6 moleskin style Oxford Signature lined notebooks too, same 90gsm Optik paper, 144 pages for £4. The covers have a nice ribbed effect. I've enough Rhodias at the moment, otherwise I'd pick up a couple myself - they certainly beat Ryman's A6 molecloney's on both price and quality.

top pen
July 14th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Do they do A5? I just find A6 a little unusable. Any how thanks for the alert I will have to head to one in the next week.

Flounder
July 14th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Not that I noticed top - let us know if you find any. At one stage Asda surprised me with own brand A5s of extremely high GSM paper, nice elastic closure band, the works, but only in blank, no ruled or grid, so I passed. There never seems to be any rhyme or reason to what goes in the stationery isle!

Flounder
July 18th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Here's the Oxford A5, 144 pages of the same paper and elastic-closure notebook style, also £4. The A4 is £3, 140 pages of the same paper, but ringbound at the left. Also, well done to the gits preserving Indian heritage (looks delicious)!

carlc
July 21st, 2015, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I got a couple of the A5's and A4's.

chojo
July 22nd, 2015, 07:39 AM
Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but Tesco's has the Oxford refill A4 pads @ £1.50 each at the moment, I got the last 3 in the warrington store yesterday. I did ask and they're expecting more in but couldn't say how long the offer will last.

Sorry just noticed a thread about this by someone else, I'll put my glasses on next time!