PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Prera Section Trim

inky
October 5th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Has anyone found an easy way to remove the ink that collects between the silver trim ring on the Prera section and the clear plastic of the section? I keep soaking the pen and wicking it out with a paper towel but it takes forever and never gets it all. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any tricks.

I should just live with it but it's one of those things "I know it's still there!"

manoeuver
October 6th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Flood it with water and then use a dessicant. Put it in a Ziploc bag with some do not eat or rice (OK to eat.) Might dry it out for you.

KrazyIvan
October 6th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Interesting and I have wondered about that with the Prera. You confirmed it for me.

inky
October 7th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I'll have to give it a shot! Thanks for the suggestion manoeuver! And yes KrazyIvan the Prera does have a tendency to wick ink up right at that silver ring. It isn't a problem when the pen is inked as you can't see it due to the ink being in the section but once you clean out the pen there always seems to be just a little bit right behind the trim ring.

FLJeepGuy
October 8th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I had what looked like the same issue on mine, but it was actually ink on the upper portion of the tail end of the nib inside the section. I simply pulled the nib and feed and gave all the bits a proper cleaning. Beyond that, I haven't had any ink seepage problems around the trim ring on the outside of the section.

babbaboooey
November 2nd, 2012, 07:00 PM
Speaking of the prera. Was in a store the other day. I Had kids in the cart and i wasnt paying attention. I Dropped the pen nib town and the nib turned up like the wicked witches stockings under the house.

After doing some reading i found the $50+ pen i just bought could be nib interchanged with the pilot plumix. A started calligraphy pen sold for 7 bucks. The plumix is smoither nib. Get the italic if you decide to this as the regular nib is too wide and just isnt practical.

Cheers