PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

marcshiman
July 18th, 2015, 08:55 AM
I guess I've been a member here for years, but I've never posted or replied. I think some of you know me from my posts on other boards and from shows. To all of you, good to see you again.

For everyone else, I'm an international development consultant, currently based in Nigeria. Home is in Washington DC, and I will be home in time for the DC show this year. I'll take a table and sell my Mabie Todd Swans and other pens.

I'm a Berton Heiserman disciple; there are many of us in the mid-Atlantic States. Saturday afternoons was for hanging out at Pen Haven, and its not been the same without him. Bert took me from modern pens to vintage pens, taught me to smooth a nib and blacken a barrel.

For a number of years, I always traveled through Italy on my way home, perfectly timed to attend one of their 5 or so pen shows each year. I'd bring back a small haul and sell them at the shows. Recently, however, I've decided to focus my collection on my roots - I'm collecting NYC/NJ pens, and in particular Mabie Todd pens. In a very short period of time, I stumbled across 3 collections of Mabie Todd pens, and now the bulk of my collection lies there. I'm pretty passionate about them.

I'm not sure how active I'll be, but I'll stop in from time to time. Nice to have an alternative.

jar
July 18th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Glad you finally posted.

Jeph
July 18th, 2015, 12:16 PM
:welcome:

caribbean_skye
July 18th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Heya Marc! welcome welcome. Was awesome to meet you in Dallas last year. Happy to see you posting here. Hope to see you again soon.

Wahl
July 18th, 2015, 12:25 PM
:welcome:

Hawk
July 18th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Welcome.

Malcolm
July 19th, 2015, 04:09 AM
Hi Marc...:welcome:

Hope you find time to show us some of those Mabie Todds!

Crazyorange
July 19th, 2015, 05:28 AM
Welcome.

writingrav
July 19th, 2015, 05:29 AM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

Jon Szanto
July 19th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Look kids, it's Mard! This is a quality member of the team, believe me. Show them your pens, Marc. :)

southpaw52
July 21st, 2015, 01:51 PM
Hello and welcome fellow fp geek.

reprieve
July 21st, 2015, 04:53 PM
Hi, Marc. Welcome, welcome! I've always enjoyed your posts--and always learn a lot from them. Glad to see you here.