PDA

View Full Version : Leaky pen

zannah244
July 25th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Hi there. I have a waterman carene, and I have to say its a beautiful pen. Nice and smooth writer lovely ink, but that's the iaaue . whenever I take off the cap theres ink all over the grip and even sometimes on the outside of the pen itself. I've done everything I can to help, I've washed it time and time again and nothing I try works. Help!!!

jar
July 25th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Hi, welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

It's likely that you have gotten ink between the cap and inner cap and if so, you will have issues until you get all the ink out of the cap.

But it could also be related to how you carry the pen. Can you tell us how you cart the sucker around?

zannah244
July 25th, 2015, 06:17 PM
In general I carry it in my top pocket, its not being thrown around at all just ordinary use. I will also check the inner cap for ink, thanks a lot.

jar
July 25th, 2015, 07:04 PM
In general I carry it in my top pocket, its not being thrown around at all just ordinary use. I will also check the inner cap for ink, thanks a lot.

When you say "top pocket" do you mean shirt pocket or Jacket pocket?

zannah244
July 27th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Hi there sorry for the late reply. Generally I'm wearing a suit and so I mean my top pocket. There is no bashing it around or anything like that, just gravity at work

jar
July 27th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Okay, next question. Inside and outside during the day?