PDA

View Full Version : My Wahl, Wahl-Oxford, Wahl-Eversharp, Eversharp Family

KBeezie
July 31st, 2015, 11:51 PM
My Wahl, Wahl-Eversharp, Wahl-Oxford, Eversharp babies back together again (not counting the last two in the tray, which are not Wahl/Eversharp, but rather an American Mabie-Todd Swan, and British Mabie-Todd Swan).

The Doric with the #3 Adjustable nib on far left will be going back out, maybe in a few weeks after I finish summer classes due to a cracked barrel just below the threads shown here : http://i.imgur.com/eNZHSqj.jpg :( (it can be fixed, it'll just take quite some time to cure once fixed).

From Left to Right in the tray:

http://i.imgur.com/qiLFBEW.jpg

Wahl Gold-Filled pen with a pencil-style clip and a Wahl #2 Semi-Flex needlepoint 14K Nib. Lever filler. Possibly 1920s.

Wahl-Oxford lever-filler with a Warranted '3' nib, western EF, wet-leaning, VERY smooth with a nice ease of flex in between springy and semi-flex. Self restored and polished. It's a fun one that appeals to my 'art deco' lust. Likely mid-to-late 1930s.

Eversharp Skylines x4, x3 with 1/10 14K Gold Filled caps, Green, Burgundy (with brown barrel), and Black. And a Navy Blue one with a red/green stripped celluloid cap. Two flex EF nibs, one semi-flex EF nib, and one firm Fine. 1940s. (two of them will likely be sold, once I decide on black, red, or green to sell/trade).

Eversharp Slim Ventura Burp, 1/10 14K Gold-Filled barrel and cap with a burgundy grip, uses an aerometric squeeze filler and a long breather tube, very smooth 14K F~M firm nib with a needlepoint line on the back side. 1953 to 1957, likely the last 'nice' fountain pen eversharp put out before Parker acquired them.

Modern Wahl-Eversharp Skyline Classic, Blue with Palladium cap. Cartridge/Converter, Ceramic-Coated, Gold-Plated Steel F~M Semi-Flex nib (semi-flex in this sense is firmer, like that of a Noodler's Flex). ... sort of like the grandkid who fancy'd up grandpa's car.

ac12
August 1st, 2015, 12:09 AM
How very cool.

fqgouvea
August 1st, 2015, 09:19 AM
Enviable indeed. My own family of Wahls is much less distinguished. Plus, several need repair. To my frustration, my best-nib Skyline's cap has developed a broken clip (at the obvious weak point).

Do you restore them yourself?

Fernando Gouvêa -- fqgouvea@roadrunner.com

KBeezie
August 1st, 2015, 04:22 PM
Some of them I did restore myself, like the black/white striped one, and one of the skylines. I usually send em off to Sean Nicholson if I want something like a crack fixed or want his 'like new' polish.