PDA

View Full Version : Mea MAGNA Culpa Sale

Susan3141
August 2nd, 2015, 10:15 AM
I am still trying to redeem myself from binge-buying this summer. This is my Mea MAGNA Culpa sale (probably not the proper Latin, but whatever). Some of these are the same pens I originally offered in my Mea Culpa Sale, and some are new. Prices on the pens in the original sale have been reduced. Respectful offers will be considered.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/410/20044779459_54250579a5_z_d.jpg

From left to right:

1. SOLD TWSBI Mini Classic. Here’s another pen I just don’t like. Poor little thing. I find the EF nib scratchy and unyielding. Maybe you can work the tines to get the thing working better. I prefer Pilot Preras. I have the box it came in, but I stole the silicone gel. Otherwise you get the packaging. $25 (shipping included CONUS).

2. SOLD Kaweco Student Pen. This was a pen I thought I would like but I don’t. It has an EF steel nib that I couldn’t get to write smoothly. It’s a cartridge pen or you can use it like an eye-dropper. I should still have the box and all the goodies inside. $25 (shipping included CONUS).

3. Blue Pelikan 140 with a DF (firm) nib. I bought this pen from Rick Propas several years ago. It’s a sweet little blue piston filler. As you can see, the clip has quite a bit of brassing. I tried polishing it up, but I guess I don’t have the right cloth. Other than that, it’s in great condition with a clear green ink window that has an internal stress mark (according to Rick’s original description; I can’t see it). $108 (shipping included CONUS).

4. SOLD Pelikan Tortoise 400 (1950s). I also purchased this from Classic Fountain Pens. It’s a beautiful tortoise 400 that just doesn’t get enough use from me. It has a 14K fine, flexible nib. Piston filler. Has a tiny crack in the celluloid but no leaking. Asking $108 (shipping included CONUS).

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/501/19676811116_a9ef7f620a_z_d.jpg

5. Parker 51 Vacumatic-fill in Cedar Blue (1945). 1/10 16K Gold-filled cap in "Fully Pinstriped" pattern. G/F clip. Fine 14K nib; button filler. This is a beautiful Parker. You can’t even see where the blind cap and barrel meet. Once again, it’s just not one I use. Purchased from Gary Lehrer. Asking $108 (shipping included CONUS).

6. See Separate Ad Sailor 1911 A Mode in Turquoise (you can’t get this color in the US). I ordered from Japan. 21K H-F nib. Cartridge/Converter. Box, papers, converter, cartridge included. Like new. Inked once. $250 shipping included CONUS).

7. SOLD Pelikan Green 100N with black cap and fluted clip; ribbed band; 14K Fine nib; comes in set with the pencil (#8). A little fake (I hope) crocodile etui case included. Set: $108 (shipping included CONUS)

8. SOLD Pelikan Green Pencil stamped BOSCH. Not original to the set, but still pretty cool. Comes in set with #7 in a crocodile etui.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5619/20222884912_95d1a5e11b_z_d.jpg

9. Waterman 52 and 1/2 Black chased hard rubber with gold ornate cap band and gold ring top; fine flexible 14K nib. Unfortunately, this pen was sold to me as if it were in good condition (I was lied to). Apparently the cap has a crack in it, hidden under the gold band which is not original to the pen. The lever box came loose and has been glued back in. Someone may want this pen for parts. Make an offer.

10. Montblanc 144 Green Striped. Newly and professionally restored with a fresh cork. Clean, gorgeous. 14k broad italic. Writes beautifully. A small crack in the cap lip has been fixed and strengthened with celluloid from a green-striped Sheaffer. You can’t even tell where the crack was. $825 (with insured shipping CONUS).

Close up photos of any pen upon request.

Robert
August 2nd, 2015, 04:28 PM
You have some nice pens here. Did No. 4 (1950's Pelikan 400) come to you with the small crack? Also, is the piston cork?

If you have another sale, you might caption it your Mea MAXIMA Culpa sale!

Susan3141
August 2nd, 2015, 04:39 PM
Hi Robert,

I suspect there will be a Maxima sale.

I don't know if Classic Fountain Pens sold it to me with the crack. I only found it because an interested buyer wanted to know if the binde was closely attached to the grip (which it is). You can only see it if you use a loupe or a macro lens. It is not visible to the naked eye.

I wish I could tell you if it has a cork or not. I've tried removing the nib, but it is in there so firmly I'm afraid I will break it.

Sorry to be unhelpful. I just don't know. As I said, I've never had leaking issues with this pen, and leaking is a symptom of a bad seal. So, that seems to be fine.

Susan

You have some nice pens here. Did No. 4 (1950's Pelikan 400) come to you with the small crack? Also, is the piston cork?

If you have another sale, you might caption it your Mea MAXIMA Culpa sale!

wishywushy
August 2nd, 2015, 06:12 PM
Hi Susan, PM sent for the Pelikan Tortoise

Susan3141
August 14th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Bumpety

KBeezie
August 14th, 2015, 11:19 AM
PS: The 1950s 400s wouldn't be cork. That would been with earlier Pelikans.

Esq1997
August 14th, 2015, 02:56 PM
PM sent on Nos. 4 and 7.

markc
August 14th, 2015, 09:38 PM
PM Sent on 5