PDA

View Full Version : New Year of Light Omas LE.....

FP Newbie
August 4th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Welcome to the collection! Just received this beauty from Bryant today. I just recently started looking at other brands of FP's. So I'm interested in expanding the collection, and broaden the manufacturers. Decided to pull the trigger on this Omas. This pen is ssssooooooo smooth to write with, and it looks good also. I filled it with the included Omas Black ink and WOW! The pictures make this pen look more of a black with the white lightning, when in fact it's actually a black with greenish/cream color lightning. Looks great and I will have to look at it more in the better light. Pictures definitely don't do any FP justice, and more so with this. It's absolutely gorgeous! The gold and silver mixed accents are great on this pen. The pen is a little on the dry side, but I did order the fine nib. There is absolutely no scratchiness or feedback on CF, Rhodia, or TR paper. I could write with this pen for hours with no issues. It is pretty light and more of a medium to large sized pen. The second picture is of the pen between the Optima 365 and Visconti Millionaire. Please forgive bad phone pictures. 2060220603

Robert
August 4th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Your phone pictures look fine to me - - I wish I could do as well with my phone.

Laura N
August 4th, 2015, 09:09 PM
That's the wild celluloid. Very nice. Congratulations.

dannzeman
August 5th, 2015, 06:30 AM
Such a good looking material! It's a shame we'll never see it in any more pens.

gregamckinney
August 5th, 2015, 09:20 AM
It is a pretty pen, and the celluloid is beautiful.
I don't know though, something about just flipping the tone of the trim and dramatically calling it an LE strikes me as 'weak.'
Maybe if I didn't have a Galileo. ...and maybe if I wasn't such a curmudgeon... ...and maybe if I wasn't just on my first cup of coffee...

greg

dannzeman
August 5th, 2015, 09:31 AM
I don't know though, something about just flipping the tone of the trim and dramatically calling it an LE strikes me as 'weak.'

There's a bit more to it than that. This is the last of the stock of Wild celluloid so it's fitting that they use it on an homage to the original Galileo, where it was first introduced. And it's a LE because, well that's what Omas does, but also because there's literally no more material left (save for repairs and whatnot).

Laura N
August 5th, 2015, 09:53 AM
I feel like every Omas is a limited edition, even the clear plastic 360s. :) And I swear the original Galileo was also a limited edition, albeit very large.

Since we're talking about this gorgeous pen, thanks to FP Newbie, does anyone know the story behind the shape of its clip? I know the clip design is the same as on the original Galileo, but I'm not sure I know the story behind that clip.

katanankes
September 19th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Very tempting... having already hoarded most of the Omas pens made with this celluloid...

To answer the question about the clip. I do not believe there is a real story.... at that time the regular production Paragon (the 12 facets model) were using the iconic clip with a roller (called "ruzzolina" in Italian). It was common for Omas to adopt the older "diamond" shape for the limited editions and the Galileo was no exception. That's pretty much all. All pen companies have their own distinctive clip style, Omas has been flipping between clips with and without the small roller.

Chrissy
September 19th, 2015, 11:02 AM
These are great looking pens. I hope that one day I might get one in this material.

pengeezer
September 21st, 2015, 10:44 AM
If you really want a challenge,try looking for the Omas(Pope)Urban in the same material. Knew someone on
FPN that actually found one(he was desperately looking for one). The irony,as I was told,was that the Urban
came in a rounded form(something that Galileo would have appreciated),whereas the Galileo is flat sided.

John

chemguyethan
November 5th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Really nice looking material! Omas seems to always have some attractive looking pens!

youstruckgold
November 6th, 2015, 03:27 AM
... and you'll need to fill it with some of the Shimmers you've been writing so well about!