PDA

View Full Version : Edson

Josephtibbetts
August 5th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Does anyone have one? Has anyone used one? What do you think of it? Does it perform close the the Carene? Would you buy it again?

Jon Szanto
August 5th, 2015, 04:27 PM
I have a Carene, and have tried an Edson on a couple of occasions. I like the former, but the latter was clear to me to be a pen far too heavy for prolonged use.

You must have some money burning a hole in your pocket or something. ;)

Wile E Coyote
August 5th, 2015, 05:13 PM
I have 3; fine, medium and a broad ground to a stub. The stub is by far my favorite. They all perform as well or better than the Carene, though you'd get more flexibility from a RR spike. As the other Jon said, it is heavy but I don't find it's weight prohibitive.

Josephtibbetts
August 5th, 2015, 06:07 PM
Haha, Jon, these all all pens I've been looking at for the past few months, but I'm finally getting the money together within the next month to purchase one, I'm just trying to narrow my already narrowed list, a little bit further.

pajaro
August 7th, 2015, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't waste my money again on Carene or Edson. I'd get a Phileas and a MB 146.

Or just use my Parker 51s.

Josephtibbetts
August 7th, 2015, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't waste my money again on Carene or Edson. I'd get a Phileas and a MB 146.

Or just use my Parker 51s.

What about them didn't you like?

fpquest
August 7th, 2015, 03:13 PM
I have a Sapphire Blue Edson that I got years ago. They were considerably cheaper at the time, even considering inflation. I wouldn't buy one today at current prices, except possibly a unbelievable deal on a used one still in prime condition. The pen is a good size and weight for me but it is a heavier pen that is on the big side. I don't post my pens so this may not be worth much but it does feel unbalanced and a bit too heavy when posted. The pen is about 46g in total, 26g without the cap. The nib is a fine and I like it. There's a little spring if I press hard but the nib really is firm, which I like. Flow is excellent and it never skips. Ink will occasionally leak from the breather hole and stain my fingers and is my biggest complaint with the pen. This has happened with cartridges so it's not just left over ink although that may have been some cases.