View Full Version : Ink question for a Mark Tawin cresent corklin

Silverbreeze
August 6th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Feel silly asking as I should know but
I should be fine using
pilot iroshizuku ink and Pelikan Edelistien in one right

reprieve
August 7th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Yes. Those are relatively low maintenance, well-behaved inks. For what it's worth, I've never had any issues with any Pilot or Pelikan ink in any of my sacced pens.

inklord
August 7th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Since Pilot/Namiki use a rubber/silicone sac convertor in some of their pens, I'd guess that all their inks are OK in rubber/silicone sac pens. Otherwise, if you can get a hold of the following inks from the now defunct Organics Studio line, these were formulated as vintage writing fluids:
O.S. John Hancock (black-grey)
O.S. Blue Merle (blue-grey)
O.S. Oscar's Copper (brick red/copper red w/ coral shading)
All of these are easy to flush out of sacs and very nice, easy-flow inks. I use Blue Merle and Oscar's Copper - John Hancock is great also, just not my shade of grey, so I gave it to a friend...
P.S. I have yet to have a better than so-so experience with the overpriced "Edelstein' series (did I just poke a hornet's nest?).
Peter

Silverbreeze
August 7th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Since Pilot/Namiki use a rubber/silicone sac convertor in some of their pens, I'd guess that all their inks are OK in rubber/silicone sac pens. Otherwise, if you can get a hold of the following inks from the now defunct Organics Studio line, these were formulated as vintage writing fluids:
O.S. John Hancock (black-grey)
O.S. Blue Merle (blue-grey)
O.S. Oscar's Copper (brick red/copper red w/ coral shading)
All of these are easy to flush out of sacs and very nice, easy-flow inks. I use Blue Merle and Oscar's Copper - John Hancock is great also, just not my shade of grey, so I gave it to a friend...
P.S. I have yet to have a better than so-so experience with the overpriced "Edelstein' series (did I just poke a hornet's nest?).
Peter
Not with me. I get the Annual ink if I like the color but often rather get Noodler's or if I want to buy high price Pilot and Faber-Castell

I think I have a bottle of John Hancock actually