PDA

View Full Version : I had a bit of luck yesterday...

Chrissy
August 7th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Yesterday I had to go into my nearest town centre for an eye test, and as usual I walked through my local department store.

I knew that their Blue Cross sale had started almost 2 weeks ago but I hadn't bothered going in there this time. As I looked over to where the Montblanc cabinet is, I did a double-take when I saw a red "For Sale half price" sticker across it. I knew that the department store had been advised if they didn't move their Montblanc cabinet from the stationery department to the menswear department, they could no longer remain a Montblanc distributor, so that time had arrived and they were selling all of their Montblanc stock off at half price.

Well the first thing I saw was a Meisterstuck 146 (Le Grand) FP with GP details, then I spotted there were 2 x Meisterstuck 145 (Classic) Platinum plated line FPs, plus 2 x Meisterstuck Le Grand RB's with GP details, and sure enough all of them were half price. I left OH guarding the 146 while I went to find an assistant to unlock the cabinet. So I bought the 146 plus a bottle of ink. None of these was the 90th anniversary edition, or even this years red gold & platinum edition. But they are still worth half the retail price!
They also had several bottles of Royal Blue or Mystery Black ink and loads of RB refills. Everything half price. Someone bought every ballpoint refill they had the day before.

They will send items by mail too, just in case you fancy a CP Meisterstuck 145 or a GP Meisterstuck RB......:)

KrazyIvan
August 7th, 2015, 10:37 AM
I read the title as you had bad luck. As I read the post I was thinking, I want that bad luck. Lol

Chrissy
August 7th, 2015, 10:55 AM
I read the title as you had bad luck. As I read the post I was thinking, I want that bad luck. Lol

Sorry, maybe I should have called it Good Luck :)

Chrissy
August 7th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Oh, and in case anyone wants me to prove my lucky purchase with a photo, I sent the pen off to a friend in a boutique to have a nib exchange in the hope it might return before I go on vacation. :)

Cob
August 7th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Well done on a good find Chrissy

Cob

Malcolm
August 8th, 2015, 04:01 AM
Gosh, that IS good luck. Nice one.

dannzeman
August 8th, 2015, 07:16 AM
I've had dreams about stumbling upon something like that. Hopefully one day it will come true. Nice find!

Crazyorange
August 8th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Congrats!!! Sweet find.