PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Diamine Emerald

Chrissy
August 7th, 2015, 02:43 PM
This is my review of Diamine Emerald ink

I decided to try a sample of this ink after I wrote my review of J Herbin 1670 Anniversary ink Emerald of Chivor. The 2 inks are quite different though. It just goes to show different interpretations of what shade Emerald is.

As usual for a Diamine ink, it's a well behaved ink. It's reasonably saturated and shows a little shading, more so with the round M nib. I found it flowed smoothly across the page, and had no problems with lubrication in the Kaweco 1.1 stub or the Reform M that I used.

This ink exhibits some showthrough and bleedthrough on my thick Xerox ColorPrint paper.

The water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink, but there is a bit of water resistance.
Bearing in mind the paper I use is thick with a shiny surface, and I used a 1.1 and a M nib, this ink only took 5-10 secs to dry. That's very quick on this smooth paper.
It flows through the pen well and lubricates the nib well. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests.
It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles, 30ml plastic refill bottles or cartridges.
Diamine (http://www.diamineinks.co.uk) sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
It's a reasonable price

Chrissy
August 7th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Sorry, for the smaller image, I'm still trying to get the size of the review attachments the same as they were before I changed over to my Mac

Chrissy
August 8th, 2015, 01:35 PM
In the end I gave up and re-scanned the review from my old Dell printer/Windows combo. It looks better.