PDA

View Full Version : Fix it, borrow it!

fountainpenkid
August 8th, 2015, 07:13 AM
Hi all,

I have a Pelikan 400 whose feed broke and is stuck inside the section. I tried to remove with a drill, but to no avail. The problem is detailed here: http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/12187-Funky-Pelikan-400-repair. I think the best option now is to use a drill press to drill out the bulk of the feed material, glue a dowel into the hole, and twist, but if you have a better idea let me know. Basically, if you have the sort of skill, equipment, know-how, and guts (yes, drilling a pen feels 'wrong') to attempt, I will send the pen to you. If you manage to successfully extract the feed, the pen is yours to try (I'll send along the replacement nib) for a month, I'll pay you with $30 and a funky functioning '70s Kaweco. P.M me or respond here if interested or curious.

Thanks!

Ripperg9
August 8th, 2015, 01:24 PM
These feeds are friction fit correct. Drill press is will break the section. If no one else wants to try I could attempt to get it out.

fountainpenkid
August 8th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Yes, but just to be sure: the feed is friction fit into a hard rubber ring that screws the nib assembly (nib+feed) into the barrel.

Wile E Coyote
August 8th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Hey kid, I tried PMing you about the repair but your box is full.

fountainpenkid
August 8th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Hey kid, I tried PMing you about the repair but your box is full.

Try again; sorry about that!

Wile E Coyote
August 13th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Your box is full again.

fountainpenkid
August 13th, 2015, 03:14 PM
You may try again now.

Wile E Coyote
August 25th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Full again...

fountainpenkid
August 25th, 2015, 12:47 PM