PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Namiki Impressions in amber, 14K FINE nib: $135 shipped within the US

mrwh1609
August 9th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Namiki Impressions in Amber, with a 14K FINE nib

This pen is in excellent cosmetic and functional condition. The first owner seems only to have stored it. I am its second owner, and I inked it once, for less than two pages of writing. The nib is smooth and springy, like other Namiki nibs of its era.

But it has this issue: the pen's first owner must have smoked continually. As a result, the pen came to me with a smoky funk. Other pen collectors who faced this issue advised me to wrap it and rewrap it in newsprint, which would absorb the odor. I did that, and it worked well. If you put the pen right up to your nose, though, you still smell something like pipe tobacco (which sort of fits the color). Otherwise, the aroma is not noticeable and has no effect on writing or storage. Because the pen has had this issue, however, I have discounted it significantly from market price of such pens on sites like eBay.

The price is $135, shipped within the US (to keep things simple at my rural post office). Payment by PayPal, please.

I have sold lots of pens on Fountain Pen Network, where I have been a member since 2008, under this same user name. (In 1609, Shakespeare's sonnets were dedicated to a Mr. W.H.) I have been a happy lurker on this forum and offer the pen here first.

Thank you for reading!

KrazyIvan
August 9th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Pm sent